Chapter 5

Chapter 5
"I'm going out, I'll be back before midnight." I told her kissing her cheek. I haven't been this cheery and excited for a while and the look on her face made me feel guilty, she was doing everything she could for me.

"Where are you going Katie?" Aunt Mel asked.

"She's going on a date." Bailey replied before I could stop her and my Aunt's eyes grew wide.

"Really?" She was beaming. "That's wonderful. Honey, did you hear that Katie is going on a date!"

Oh my god, this was embarrassing. Aunt Mel was ecstatic, contagiously so that I found myself grinning like an idiot.

"That's great Katie. Who's the lucky man?" My Uncle asked.

"It's Gage dad."

"Well, it's about time for him as well. He is such a nice boy, he's been through so much, I pray for his happiness" My Aunt said and I was left with a burning need to know what she meant, I had so many questions I would like to ask him when the time was right.

The doorbell rang as I was headed to the door. I didn't want Gage to hear that we were talking about him.

"Katie, you have fun now. Don't do anything I wouldn't do." She warned a sudden change in her mood.

"Don't say that dear, we all know that there isn't anything you wouldn't do." I heard my Uncle say from the  sofa and laughed when I saw my Aunt playfully hitting him on the arm. 

I opened the door and he was standing there in his jeans and a jacket, how I wish he wore a t-shirt so I would be able to admire his biceps.

I stepped out and we walked in silence to the car.

"So where are we going?" I asked before getting in his car.

"It's a surprise." He said smiling before closing the door and walking to the driver's seat. 

         xoxo

He drove his pick up truck to a dirt road that I didn't even know existed before. When he parked his car in the middle of nowhere and jumped out I grew skeptical about his surprise. I followed suit without waiting for him to round to my side of the car. The moment the breeze fell on my face I felt goosebumps all over. It was a chilly night and I only wore a shirt and jeans.

I rubbed my arms creating my own warmth when Gage came to my side.

"Here." He said taking off his jacket.

"But, you'll get cold." He shrugged off my comment and placed the jacket around me, rubbing my shoulders.

"Thanks." I said in appreciation feeling a lot warmer, although it wasn't entirely because of his jacket.

I first heard the whooshing sound before I looked up and saw it, the bright light above us, a plane was descending. That was when I realized we were near the landing strip of the airport. The plane grew so big, and it looked so close that I crouched down, feeling as if it was going to hit me. I kept staring in awe of the view above us when I felt a warm set of arms wrapped around my waist, it was awkward at first like he was unsure of his actions but when I relaxed he pulled me closer until I was leaning back on his chest.

"This is amazing." I admitted. I can't remember the last time I felt like this. I couldn't remember the last time I smiled so effortlessly until I met him. It may have only been a week but if this was how it was going to be like tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that.. then I was not letting this go, not while it lasted.

"I knew you'd like it." He said, I could feel his breath on my ear and shivered.

"There aren't many stars in the city, but this place kind of makes up for it, it drowns out the madness of the world and keeps you from thinking too much."