Chapter 3

"What do you feel like eating?" He asked.

"Italian maybe?" My stomach grumbled then, I didn't even realize I was that hungry. I hoped he didn't hear it, but with the look on his face though he definitely did and my face turned beet red.

"Italian it is then." He said his hands on my arm, leading me forward and helping me walk. His touch sent tingles up my spine and I could still feel the warmth of his hands from where he touched me. I didn't even have time to process anything before I was seated in an Italian restaurant and in a matter of minutes the food was before me.

As I ate I noticed he hadn't even touched his food. He was watching me eat, oh god I don't even know what I looked like when I ate. I didn't know where to look as my hands started to sweat.

"What are you looking at?" I said trying to hide my nerves.

"You." Oh wow. I was not expecting that.

"You have something right... here." He said, reaching for my chin with a napkin and wiping away the spaghetti sauce. I blushed, oh no.. He was staring at something on my face?

"I'm glad you're enjoying the food." I didn't know what to think about that comment, so I'd rather not think about it at all. It felt cliche though, the Italian restaurant, the spaghetti, the wiping of tomato sauce from the corner of my lips. But at the same time, I felt butterflies in my stomach and I've never felt that way before, it was just like how I pictured it in the romance novels.

"So, what have you been up to this summer?" He asked. An innocent question yet one I didn't know how to answer.

"Nothing much, I celebrated my 21st birthday, that's about it."

"Oh. Belated Happy Birthday!"

"Thanks!" I said lacking fervor and I stared at the other end of the room, just as if he sensed it, he stopped asking.

"So..." I looked back at him and saw his eyes expectantly waiting for me to continue.

"The weather's nice today." I said and he looked at me like I just made the funniest joke.

"The weather... really?"

"Well, it's kind of the go to line when things get awkward."

"Where did you get that from?" He said his eyebrows raising.

"The movies of course." He laughed and I finally got to get a good look at his eyes. He had brown orbs, long eyelashes that had me green with envy. I didn't know if I was going to scold myself for the my ridiculous perception or applaud myself for making him laugh. Looking at him though, I chose the latter.

"Did you know that eating noodles on your birthday supposedly prolongs your life?"

"You are so random."

"Well..." He grinned.

"Yes, but isn't it supposed to be other people eat noodles on your behalf to prolong your life?"

"Oh really.. Interesting.."

"It's true." I told him and he suddenly ate a mouthful of his spaghetti. I was surprised to say the least.

"How much more years do you think will this add to your life?" He asked and I stared into his brown orbs, smiling at his silliness and found myself liking him more than I did yesterday.
xoxo

"Wait, is this stars as in it can be found in the sky? Or stars as in Honey Stars, the cereal?"

"Why does it matter? It's only Yes or No."