Chapter Twenty Nine

Start from the beginning

There was a whole lot of questioning buzzing around the underground. It was growing into a swarm of bee's as they all pushed and shoved to get closer to the ring. There was loud shouting erupting in a volcanic explosion. Only then did I hear the rough, slithery voice of the murderer, "It seems as if the coward never showed up."

He was in the ring. My father's murderer was in the boxing ring. There was a piercing noise from the microphone as if there were people fighting over it. People groaned in protest, swearing foul language before Dean claimed the mike once again. "It's midnight."

I pushed myself of the brick wall. The words clear and ringing as silence washed over most. I held my breath, waiting for the signal. "She's back and it's none other than Rose Addams."

I walked out of the darkness. There was a wave of gasps, collectively turning their heads where I made my way down the path. Everyone watched, their eyes still disbelieving as I kept my body and face covered by the cloak and hat. The silence proved the power I had in the underground.

I took sure and lethal steps into the caged ring. The murderer was in one corner whilst I stood in the middle, each and every single person watching with hawk eyes. I raised my head, the hat covering my eyes as I smirked. I pulled the cloak of my body, showing off my feminine figure in my tight black tank top, my toned, firm legs on show as my fitted boxing shorts reached mid thigh. Quiet murmurs broke the silence and then I lifted the hat of my head in one swift delicate motion.

I could hear the whistle of the wind as I lifted my eyes and stared at the crowd of the underground. Recognition flashed amongst them all before a deafening roar erupted in a Mexican wave. The exhilarating atmosphere reached higher than any peak as I breathed in the chants of my name, screamed and shouted from all directions.

I was back.

I turned to face the murderer with a stance of a fighter. If there was any doubt of me being able to win on his behalf, well that had vanished as I stared at his face. The look was one of disbelief as he took in support for me, Rose Addams.

I didn't look at him with any smugness. I didn't smirk nor did I cockily raise my hands as a victor. Even if the roles were reversed, this man would never know how to appreciate or cherish this feeling of belonging.

I nodded my head at Dean. Pleased that he understood my signal, I focused on all I was taught as Dean spoke. "There's no rules, this fight will only have a winner till the one who comes out alive... Kick his ass Rose."

I smiled. It was small but it was there nonetheless. Gasps and shocking breaths were released but my attention was on a pair of beautiful green eyes. He was battered and bloodied but he came. Somehow, he had managed to watch the gruesome fight to take place.

Fear.

He feared for me. He stood right outside the caged ring and it looked like he struggled with the gravity to keep standing. My heart ripped from soul as I saw the helplessness he felt. The undeniable hate for himself swirled in his eyes. He wanted to protect me and just looking at him, I knew he was screaming at me, begging for me to step down and run into the safety of his arms.

I shook my head slowly, in a silent no.

I snapped my eyes. No longer being able to bear the pain he was feeling. Knowing he was here, waiting for me to come out alive was enough motivation to kill the man who stood in just a pair of black, knee length shorts. He was built and strong, one couldn't deny that but I was younger and faster.

We both got into our positions in a silent start. My face hardened as I watched him smile sadistically. I raised my fists in front my face, spreading my legs in a firm attachment to the ground. It was just the murderer and I in this caged ring.