Destined With You... Chapter One

Hey guys, so this is my first time sharing my writing so cut me some slack. There's bound to be awful typing errors, so I'm sorry about that. I've never done something like this before so constructive feedback is always helpful. I promise it get's better, just give it a chance :)

Note: 30/07/2019

Hey everyone! It's so amazing to see you all reading this book and how far it has come. I'm in the midst of writing more this summer but I have also started a NEW chapter in my life about all things travel! I would LOVE if you could follow my instagram @webreathintravel and also subscribe to my new website www.webreathintravel.com

THANK YOU and I hope you enjoy reading this book...

Chapter One

Life can just be a complicated mess at times. It doesn't matter how hard you try to keep things simple or how hard you try to keep hidden, something always has to find you and disturb the shell of routine you grow accustomed to.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, have you ever had a moment in your life where you're forced to go somewhere you don't want to go? It doesn't matter how many times you plead or beg you'll still be dragged out. Where it finally comes to the point where you feel helpless because you don't have a say?

Well that is exactly how I felt in this moment of time. I was being taken out the comfort of my bedroom to go to a pointless party, forced by my friends. Although it took two and half-hours for them to try and persuade me, they can be so stubborn, even more so than I am. So they just left with a threat and here I am, standing in front of my wardrobe with not even a slight clue as to what to wear.

I couldn't remember the last time I even went to a house party. Never had it crossed my mind to even go out, other than going for food shopping and school. That part of me died a year ago. I felt detached from the world and I think my friends were now getting to the point where they can't take it anymore.

After several minutes of trying to decide what to wear, I concluded that I really didn't care because come on, who was there to impress?

Throwing on some old jean shorts and a plain dark blue top, I tucked it in hastily and grabbed a cardigan just in case it gets cold later. I didn't bother applying make up so I tied my hair up in a bun and grabbed my phone and money, before looking at myself in the mirror.

Staring back at me was a girl with light grey eyes, her eyelashes so long it touched her cheeks with every blink. Long chestnut coloured hair, which was currently tied up in a careless mess. A heart shaped face with prominent cheekbones yet they just seemed hollow. Her lips coloured a red tint. They would have been envied by many, full and luscious but they were turned down, pursed and chewed.

I closed my eyes when I saw myself. I looked so different; my dull eyes reflected that I've seen too much for a seventeen year old. So much has changed over a single year, since the death of my Father. I bit down on my bottom lip as I felt the tears threatening to make an appearance behind my closed eyes so I stopped thinking of the past.

I was so much stronger than this. I am stronger than this. Tears just indicated weakness.

Taking in a deep breath, I promised myself that I would just get this night over with. Then I'll return to my quiet life, where I solely buried myself into my studies and only considered a break to look after my little brother, Tommy. I was getting used this numb feeling and I wasn't going to the party to get drunk like every other teenager. I was just going to get my friends off my back.

Heading towards the stairs, I made sure to plaster on a big, fake smile just so I don't ruin my friends night out. I didn't want my negative aura affecting them. No one deserved to feel like this.