Chapter 3: The First Warning

Angelica's eyes wandered around the hall as she followed her newfound friend. Her feet walked in rhythm as she walked on the carpet. Feeling pain on her side out of the blue, Angelica tries to keep up with Felicita who was clearly excited of her being there. She grips her side at the sudden, increasing, sharp pain on her side. She softly massages her side, trying to endure the pain and tries not to panic. Then somehow. . . it started to spread on her torso. She stopped on her tracks, trying to ease the pain. She bit her lip to keep her from groaning.  But somehow Felicita noticed anyway.

"Are you alright, Angelica?" Felicita says turning to Angelica. She gasps when she sees Angelica gripping her side and was leaning on the wall, "Angelica!" she shouts. She quickly runs to Angelica's side and grabs her shoulders to keep her from falling. Taking Angelica's arm she hooks it around her shoulders and tries to support her, "I thought Jolly's potion did the trick. Can you walk?" 

"I guess. . . I'm so sorry, Felicita," says Angelica, "I just arrived here and now I am giving you a hard time." She gently removes her arm from Felicita's shoulders, "Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. Maybe it'll be gone in a short while." says Angelica, putting on a smile to hide her pain. Her legs try to carry her weight as she struggled to walk.

"Angelica!" shouts Felicita as Angelica stumbled. She rushes to her side and continues, "We should've let you rest earlier. . ." Felicita looks around to see if anyone was nearby, "How are you feeling?" she asks.

"I don't know what's wrong with me. . ." replies a depressed Angelica, ". . . unless--ugh. . . I was feeling well and now this!" Angelica groans and tries to get up not wanting to worry her new found friend. She felt her body being drained of energy by the minute. Felicita sees her friend struggling hard and tells her to rest for a bit. Angelica turns to Felicita, "Why do I feel so tired?? I think might have been poisoned. . ." she says as she started to sweat and pant. Leaving Felicita shocked. Angelica smiles at Felicita hoping that it would lift Felicita's spirits a little.

"What have we got here, Bambina?" says a dark skinned man with an Italian accent who appeared just around the corner.

Felicita quickly turns to the voice and sees Debito grinning at her. But he suddenly becomes serious at the sight of Angelica lying on the floor. Half-conscious.

"Debito! Please take her to her room. It's just there," commanded Felicita pointing to a room, "I'll look for Luca maybe he'll know what to do!" she says standing up as Debito took her into his arms. Felicita continues before running off, "Please watch over her while I'm away!"

Debito watches her run off before carrying Angelica to her room. Seeing it difficult to open the door while carrying the lass, his eye catches sight of Donatella, one of the maids.   

"Signorita! Could you please be so kind to open the door?" he says flirting. Angelica twitches hearing his kind of tone at a time like this. Her being in his arms somewhat made her sick to her stomach. The maid hurries to his side and quickly opens the door, "Thank you." he says.

"What is the matter?" she asks seeing Angelica in pain, "What happened to her??"

"Nothing to worry, my dear," he says, "Now will you excuse me, I have some business to attend to." He continues entering the room. The maid was about to object to leave the girl with just Debito when he closes the door in her face, "Signorita, all your things are here. Do you have something to help you?" he says helping Angelica sit on the bed.

"Yes. . . c-can you find me a satchel with stripes of bright colors?" the girl softly utters. Debito nods . He felt his whole body move quickly to find the satchel. His eyes moved from one object to another. Soon enough he found the satchel she asked for. His hand quickly grabbed it and hurried to the girl. He saw that she was apparently trying to balance herself, so he moved to her side and held her shoulder to prevent her from falling.

Damsel In Distress (Arcana Famiglia FF)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें