Win back my girl

Hello😀😀😀, I was supposed to publish this chapter yesterday night but I slept off😚 Just woke up an hour ago😎

Please vote to support your girl😁
and fasten your eye-belts (that sounds so wrong), it's going to be a long chapter💃💃💃

*********************

Hunter

"I'm ready when you are, Mr. Stone" Mike from beside me and I take a deep breath before nodding.

"Let's go" I say and follow Mike as he steps out of the car.

We're currently outside Esmeralda's parents home and nerves that weren't there before start to rear their heads.

What if I've been wrong all along?

Can I handle the truth?

There's only one way to find out.

I glance at my wrist watch and notice that it's nine thirty; a pretty inappropriate time to have strangers visiting but I just can't find in me the patience to wait till tomorrow.

In a few long strides, we're at the front door and Mike rings the doorbell. For a few seconds, it seems like no one heard us but footsteps approaching the door halts Mike from ringing the bell again.

"Who is there?" A deep male voice asks.

"We're here to see Mr and Mrs Griffin" Mike responds almost immediately.

"That doesn't answer my question. Who's asking? Provide a direct answer or I'm calling the cops"

"It's Mr. Stone, the CEO of Stone Empire and he's here to see Mr and Mrs Griffin" Mike States calmly and I expect to hear the man's protest but I'm surprised when I hear the lock clicking before the door finally swings open.

What if we were assassins or burglars?

Is this how he would have easily opened up?

Those thoughts die in my head though when I see a shot gun in his hand. Before I can process what I'm seeing, he already has it pointed at me.

"Are you really Mr Stone? Why would someone like that come to visit me?"

"We just want to ask a few questions and then we'll gladly be on our way. Please lower your gun" Mike says discretely reaching for his own gun behind him just in case the man failed to comply.

I definitely don't want this situation to escalate. I have no intention of hurting Esmeralda's "father".

The man's eyes roam suspiciously around as if to check if there were more people lying in wait. When he seems satisfied, he lowers the gun and invites us in.

My mind barely registers the details of his home as he leads us to the living room and gestures for us to sit.
He then asks us to wait while he gets his wife upstairs.

Minutes later, he returns with a woman who looked nervous as hell as she keeps wringing her hands together and is trying her best to look at anything else but us.

They both sit down on the couch facing the one Mike and I are sitting on.

"So, why are you both here?" The man asks and Mike clears his throat ready to speak when a young boy walks in fidgeting with the blanket in his hand.

"Mom, the clown is laughing under my bed again. I want Esm..." The boy starts to say and the woman's eyes widen making her cut him off.

"Go to your room Bastien, I'll soon join you" She orders and the boy's face scrunch up.