Tell me you love me

I planned to update in the evening but it seems I will be busy then. Besides, I couldn't wait to post this to thank you all for still sticking with this story after my long hiatus. You're all the best!!!❤❤❤

***********************

Esmeralda

"Mr Stone?" I call out into the phone.

"You can't be dead, you just can't be" he sobs gut wrenchingly and my heart clench in worry.

I notice the drawl in his voice and guess that he was probably drunk.

"Mr Stone, where are you?" I ask trying to sound calm.

"Tell me you're alive and you still love me. Tell me you don't hate me." he groans from the other side.

"Tell me Daisy" the pain in his shaking voice was so real that I felt it to my bones. I can't even start to imagine what he was going through right now.

"I'm alive" I say trying to ease his pain even though I'm not Daisy.

"Tell me you love me Daisy" he mutters.

"I l-love you Hunter" I say closing my eyes at the absurdness of it all.

I had never told any guy I loved him except my father and brother, not even Jack. Saying it so casually is........I don't even have a description for how it feels.

"I love you so much Daisy" he says with his voice drifting off. My heart skips even though I know his words were not meant for me.

Silence reigns for a few seconds and  I just hope that he has fallen asleep because nobody deserves that kind of pain and if sleep can take it away from him for just a few hours, then so be it.

"Why are you looking like someone just stole your puppy?" My heart jumps out of my chest when I hear Keesha's voice.

"Christ Keesha, there's this thing called knocking, it helps to not send people to their early grave with a heart attack" I remark trying to calm my heartbeat.

"What's the use of having a key to this apartment if I still have to knock? And who is Hunter? How come I don't know this guy? And how come you're declaring your love so soon into the relationship? Unless you have....." I cut her off from the relationship speech she's about to give me.

Why don't people know Mr. Stone's first name? Most people refer to him as the younger stone while the media referred to him as Stone Empire heir and the paparazzi address him as a playboy.

"It's not a new guy, and you might want to bring out the takeout you brought along for this crazy story" I say and she opens the pizza while I go get us drinks.

After settling down, I find myself telling her about everything; how Mr Stone and all his friends keeps mistaking me for his fiance all to what just happened right now.

"Finally some drama in your life, I'm tired of it being me all the time" she teases.

I smile because Keesha definitely had a lot of drama in her life. She's the most gorgeous woman I've ever set my eyes upon and she has always been so unlucky with family and guys; always attracting jerks who only wanted her body. One thing I admired the most about her is her strong spirit. Despite all, Keesha never let any of it affect her or at least she doesn't show it.

"They'll soon discover that I'm an imposter and forget about all this Daisy" I state.

"So the dress, Can I see it?" She says and I can practically feel the stars shining in her eyes.

I gesture to the bed and she picks up the dress with awe.

"I can now die in peace" she says falling on the bed with the dress in her hand. I stand up from the foot of the bed where we were sitting and join her on the bed.