"Why didn't you let me talk to Avatia?" I asked sternly.

She cleared her throat. "Mr. Vaughn, this is harder than you think. I flew to Texas to help Avatia recover quickly, and now, you want me to bring her back to New York? How would I even do that with her mother around everyday? It's really hard, sir. I can't." I heard say as her voice cracked a little.

I ran my fingers through my hair. "Name your price Draya. Anything you want."

"It's not about the money, sir. I just can't do it right. Maybe you should just come over and get her yourself. I've had sleepless nights trying to figure out how to do this. I can't. I just can't." She said and I could feel that she was crying.

To say I wasn't a fan of crying women would be an understatement. "Stop crying Draya."

"But I don't want to loose anyone. I don't want to see the people I love getting hurt. I just want my best friend to get better. To remember me and all the love we shared." She said while sobbing.

I took in a deep breath. "Its fine. I'm gonna come over there myself." I told her, meaning every single word.

"What?" She shrieked.

*****

WRITER'S POV.

"Why do you look so anxious? You've been pacing for a while now. Is everything alright, Draya?" Doctor Nathan asked a worried looking Draya as he prepared for his afternoon session with Avatia. "I noticed you've been on edge for three days now. You know, you can always talk to me. I won't bite." He joked but Draya found nothing funny.

She just kept on moving restlessly.

"You're making me dizzy with all that movement. Just tell me already, what's happening? You got trouble with your man? Or you're pregnant?" The doctor teased.

Draya let out a humorless chuckle. "Yeah right. Why would you guess I am pregnant?"

The doctor's eyes widened. "Oh my God, you're pregnant?"

"What? Ewww...no way."  Draya said so fast, both of them ended up laughing. "But really, no, I'm not pregnant."

The doctor looked straight into her eyes, as if he was reading her soul. "Then what's the problem Draya. You can always talk to me. Aside from studying cognitive psychology and all, I also studied neurology. I know how the nervous system works. And I know you're very nervous right now. Spill it out, you never know, I may be of help." The doctor ended up shrugging and giving her an encouraging look.

A confused Draya didn't know if she could open up to the doctor. If she could trust him enough to tell him that one of the most dangerous men in all of America and Italy would be coming over in a few hours, days or whatever, to take away a certain blonde who happened to have lost her memory because of a tragic incident. "Its Avatia." She blurted out before she could stop herself.

"What about Avatia?" The doctor asked  with so much concern but Draya had no idea on how to go about all this. "Tell me Draya, is everything alright? You know Avatia's condition, you've got to tell me. Your friend needs help. She needs closure. She needs peace. So go ahead, tell me already so I know what to do."

Draya sighed."Trust me, in this case, there's nothing you can do."

"Try me." The doctor pushed.

"Fine. It's about Mr. Vaughn. The guy behind all this." Draya said as she sat on one of the sofas and took off the band that held her hair, letting it loose. She needed some comfort and air.

Doctor Nathan tensed up. "What about him?"

"You've got to promise me you won't freak out or tell aunt Grace." Draya told him seriously.

Doctor Nathan nodded. "I promise."

"Dreidan Vaughn is coming over anytime soon." Draya said in a deadpan.

The doctor's eyes grew wide. "What?"

Draya let out a humorless laughter. "Trust me, that was my exact reaction."

"We've got to tell Grace. We need to take Avatia away from here before he comes here. He's a psychopath, isn't he?" The doctor asked, looking even more nervous than Draya."

Draya shook her head. "No way. That's gonna make him mad. He's not as bad as everyone thinks though. And he certainly cares for Ava. He wants to help her. To be honest, now, I think that's what Avatia needs. That's who she needs. Trust me, as he said he's going to come take her, there's no one who can stop him. You've been trying to help Avatia for weeks, yet she remembers nothing. Let's hope that if Dreidan comes over, a miracle may happen."

_____________________________

I low key feel like no miracle would happen. 😂😂just kidding. I hope a miracle happens. I miss Dreidan and Avatia moments. *sighs dreamily* I need a love life too.