5 - Back at the Start?

Start from the beginning

He looks over and notices that I'm back.

He puts the sketchbook on the nightstand, then walks over to me, stumbling slightly. I flinch, and back away.

He notices, then falls to his knees and cries in his hands.

I move away, and he cries more.

He gets up, and carefully reaches out for me, but I move away from his hand.

He suddenly pulls me into a hug. He's very gentle.

He cries into my shoulder. "P-Please remember... I-I don't want to hurt you. I-I got B-Britain in j-jail for you. I-I got you a j-job." His words slur together. He's definitely drunk.

I stay quiet.

He picks me up and I squeak.

He lays down on the bed with me, hugging me gently. He continues crying in my shoulder.

Slowly, he calms down.

I look at his face, and realize that he's asleep.

Maybe he isn't lying...

No! That's what he wants you to think!

But...

No buts! Just get up and leave. He's just going to hurt you like everyone else.

Okay...

I get up, but he starts crying in his sleep.

"C-Come b-back!"

He's still asleep.

Just leave him. He's obviously thinking of someone else-

Russia cries more. "M-Meri Pl-Please..."

He can't be lying if he's asleep.

I crawl back in bed with him, and he gently hugs me, crying into my shoulder.

I snuggle against his chest. He's warm.

Soon I fall asleep as well.

*Russias PoV*

I wake up to my head hurting.

I shouldn't have drank that much last night...

I realize that there's something warm in my arms.

I look down to see America!

My head starts hurting worse, so I try to get up.

America wakes up, and sees that I'm awake. He immediately lets go of me and runs into the main room.

I slightly stumble when I get up, then walk out to get some medicine.

America's shaking, trying to hide in the corner.

I take my medicine, and glance over at America. He notices, and tries hiding more.

I realize that he's having another panic attack, and go over to help him.

He backs up against the wall, but I easily pull him into a hug. I rub his back gently, making sure it won't hurt.

He tries getting away, but I hold him still.

He starts crying into my shoulder.

I pick him up, and sit on the couch with him. He cries into my chest.

I rub his back, then softly start singing a song Father would sing to me when I was upset.

It's in Russian, but he's calming down.

He suddenly hugs me tightly.

"I-I remember th-the coffee shop. Working there, and the f-fight."

Then he smushes his face against my chest. "C-Can you sing more?"

I nod, and continue singing.

He smiles a tiny bit, closing his eyes and relaxing.

We stay like this for who knows how long, until someone knocks on the door. I yell "Who's there?"

"Japan! I need to talk to America!"

I try to leave the couch, but America holds my arm. I pick him up and walk to the door.

I open it, to see Japan and a whole bunch of countries.

Japan says "I need to talk to him, without you here."

I glare at her. "He got hurt because I wasn't there. I'm not letting that happen again. You can talk here, or get punched in the face."

America shivers slightly in my arms.

Japan says "Well, his dad was murdered by some mysterious thing."

America smiles. "He's dead?"

Everyone looks shocked at the smile.  Japan asks "Why are you happy about that?!"

America's smile fades.

I put him down, and he runs to the bedroom.

I growl at Japan. "Britain abused him. Wouldn't you be happy if someone who made your life something worse than hell died?"

I close and lock the door, then go into the bedroom to comfort America.

He's curled up on the bed, crying.

I touch his shoulder gently, and he flinches. He looks up, realizes that it's me, and hugs me tightly.

I lay down on the bed with him, rubbing his back gently. I softly sing to him.