54: I'll Be There

Start from the beginning

"Yassssss mommy in there cooking" April did a little dance. "I smell that burger at the door. That's my cue. I'll see y'all later" April quickly came out of her coat and put it in the coat closet by the door followed by Chris. Both Chris and Ian looked at her and laughed. Her appetite had definitely changed.

"What I'm hungry" she looked at them getting ready to make her way to the kitchen like she was starving.

"Give me my hug first then you can join mommy in the kitchen" Ian said to her. April quickly hugged her father then bounced. "Well damn Peanut" he mugged her.

"Don't worry she still loves you Pops she just can't help it right no. She gotta feed our lil seedling" Chris chuckled as they both watched April walk away on a mission.

"She better" Ian chuckled. "So that's what y'all are calling my grandbaby"

"Yup" Chris beamed with pride.

"Come on it looks like you need some gas" Ian looked at Chris and chuckled.

Chris knew that Ian knew he was nervous but he didn't give a damn as long as he got to get his hands on a blunt he so desperately needed at the moment. "Hell yea" Chris nodded his head and followed Ian downstairs to his man cave.

Ian was like April when it came to weed so there was always something rolled and ready. Ian took a seat in his leather recliner while Chris took a seat on the matching black leather couch facing Ian. Ian passed him a blunt and a lighter after he had lit his own blunt.

"Thanks Pops" Chris said then took a big pull of his now lit blunt letting it fill his lungs trying to calm his nerves.

"No problem" he nodded. "Look I didn't invite you over here to drill you or to come for ya neck. What you and my daughter use to have is in the past. We spoke bout that man to man already and got past it. I don't like what you did to her and I never will but what's done is done but now y'all have my grandbaby on the way so you're gonna have to man up. I expect you to man up. Peanut isn't the type to ask for child support or make you go through hoops to see ya child or beg you to do shit that you should automatically be doing for ya child. We both know that she can support the baby with or without you but she wants you to be there and you should be there. I just want to know where ya head is at" Ian spoke then took a pull before starting back up. "I know you didn't think nothing like this would happen between y'all again but it did. So I'm asking what's ya plan" Ian asked before he took another pull from his blunt and leaned back in his chair.

Chris sat up straight and exhaled the smoke from his lungs letting it out into the air. It was time to show and prove to not only Ian but most importantly April that he was absolutely ready for this new journey. "Pops I know when it comes to April I'll never get the chance to pursue her in that way and honestly I'm fine with that. I come to realize that we are better off as friends. I just want to see her happy. She deserves it. When it comes to our baby I'm ten toes in. I ain't going anywhere. He won't need or want for anything. Just like I take care of Royalty I'll be there for our baby. She won't go through this alone. We knew the consequences of sleeping together and now it's up to us to be the best parents we can be and work together. I'm going to be there every step of the way" Chris spoke then took another pull from his blunt.

"You know with my career I'm constantly on the road and touring from place to place but I will make time for our child. I helped make him so I'm going to be there. He's my responsibility. Like I told April I want to be at her appointments and everything else I should be at. I don't want to miss anything. I know I can't be there for all of them but I'll be there for most" Chris said and took another pull from his blunt. He kept his eyes on Ian he wanted him to know that he was going to be there for his little seedling no questions asked.