Ch. 20: The Attack

As Wade played his part inside, his entire team played their part on the outside. Gar, using his Gar Hax as he calls them, got into the building's systems and set everything off. All of the prisoner's doors were opening, security and defense systems were shutting down, the whole place was being set to complete vulnerability. Molly, JP and Patrick had already taken out all the nightwatch guards and now that Gar was done with his part, it was time to get in and commence the attack.

"Alright, and the party has started!" Gar called into the comm device Molly had given each of them.

"Great job, Gar" Molly replied. "Wade, you copy?"

Wade's device was put directly into the ear of his mask, keeping it safely hidden the whole time.

"I hear ya! I'm out!" he replied as he ran down the halls. "This is it guys! Let's give em hell!"

"Hell knocking at the door!" JP called.

He and Gar both turned into their animal/creature-like forms as Molly made the call.

"Alright boys, you know what to do. JP, with me to the labs. Pat, Gar, make sure those people make it out safely. We'll meet up with you there later"

"Got it! Let's do this!" Pat said as he hovered down with Gar, streaks of lightning shooting from his body.

Molly and JP flew towards the little science building while Gar and Patrick headed for the main building. Molly went ahead and detonated all the charges she placed at all the landing pad entrances. As well as, any emergency exit the General, Blue, or any of their friends could make. She wanted no chance of them escaping. As the team headed for their destinations, General Chambers was being escorted to a safe room while Dr. Blue went to get that briefcase.

"We're trying to sir, but all our systems are down!" Lieutenant Benson stated as they quickly walked down the hall.

"Get em back online! And where the hell is Blades?!"

"Doctor Blue is getting him sir!"

The scientist reached Blades' room, accompanied by his guards. He opened the door to find the villain standing and ready with his suit and bodily-formed weapons.

"Adrian, we need to go my dear boy" Blue urgently stated.

"I know, and I'll stick right by you" he sinisterly promised, because he knew who was causing this attack. And he knew that by sticking with Blue and Chambers, the attacker, his target, would come straight at him.

X

Wade ran into a team of troops as he charged down the hallway. He jumped into a combination of multiple attacks; punches, elbows, knees and kicks; taking out five of his assailants. One of the last few standing drew his pistol, only for it to get snatched away before Wade smacked him across the face with it. He then threw the gun at the face of one of his comrades before spin-kicking him in the chin. Wade took off down the hall again as two more guards appeared. He jumped to the side, bouncing himself off the wall and into a hard punch. He then drove his knee up into the face of the crouching guard, knocking him out, before kicking his partner's gun away. Wade followed his attack with a side kick before connecting a spinning back-fist and finishing with a roundhouse kick. Wade was about to take off down the hall again, but stopped when he saw another soldier in his way, carrying his staff.

Seeing his staff again after being away from it for so long was such a relief. But to see someone else with his staff made Wade's blood boil. The soldier that carried his staff was fairly tall, at least three inches over Wade. Not to mention, he was big too. Not that it mattered though. Wade could take this guy and felt eager to do so. The soldier stepped closer to the crusader, appearing to be a late twenties to mid-thirties man dressed in army camo uniform, carrying a mysterious expression. He moved closer to Wade with the staff in hand and it's rightful owner stood ready to take back his weapon. But then, it seemed that he didn't have to. The soldier brought the staff up in both hands like he was presenting it back to Wade, confusing him.