Ch. 7: Lordminion777

After his day-long private session with The Grandmaster, Wade got to relax in his room for a short period before heading off to dinner. He sat across from Baron just as he always did, but couldn't get his mind off of earlier today. He ate only small bits of his food while staring off into space, seeming more distant than usual. Baron caught notice of this, having gotten used to how Wade usually was during this time, and knew it had to be about his session.

"I heard you had private session with Grandmaster today" he stated, snapping Wade out of his thoughts. He still wasn't used to having actual conversations with Baron, which still didn't happen often.

"Yea? Where did you here that?" he smirked curiously.

"News travels fast around here, remember?" he smirked.

"Yea, right" Wade scoffed. He had figured that out quickly and should've known Baron would've heard about this. Not to mention, other Minions had been staring at Wade as he walked by, which Baron just now unknowingly clarified what for.

"How did it go?" Baron asked.

"Went well, it was... quite something" Wade nodded.

"It appears so" Baron giggled and Wade reflected it. "But, I do mean it. He is a good man, beyond wise too" That statement sparked Wade's curiosity.

"Sounds like you also had a private session with him"

Baron averted his gaze before nodding. "More than one in fact" now Wade was incredibly amazed. "He truly can open your eyes, let you see why you're here and what you hope to accomplish. I do hope he did as much for you as he did for me, if not even more"

Wade gave him a look that combined amazement and gratitude in return. He nodded, thanked him and expressed his appreciation for that before Baron continued eating. This was the most Wade had gotten out of Baron and wanted to keep it going. He then decided to bring up something he had been wondering since meeting Baron.

"Can I... ask you something?" he cautiously asked, capturing Baron's attention. He just stopped and waited, so Wade went ahead.

"Why did you become a Minion?"

Baron seemed slightly surprised by the question, but only slightly. It didn't seem like too big a surprise that Wade asked that. He set his fork down and lowered his eyes, hesitating for a moment before answering.

"I wasn't a good man, and I wanted to be better, that simple" Wade knew that was the best answer he was going to get from him, so just left it at that. However, there was something else he couldn't help but wonder.

"Just.. one more question and then I'll shut up, and I know it's probably none of my business so you don't have to answer. But, is this all you do as a Minion? Just bring in new recruits and mope around the manor?"

"I also help gaurd the manor" he replied and Wade felt a little stupid.

"Sorry, I'm just surprised you don't do more, out there in the real battles to be exact. From what I've heard, Baron Lieutenant's a hell of a rank"

Baron averted his eyes again before responding. "I don't believe I'm any good to the world"

Wade thought for a moment, a look of sympathy on him, as he tried to think of a response.

"Hey, if you have the courage to do the right thing and do everything you can to help the world, then I think you're more than good man" he encouraged, but it was hard to tell whether Wade reached him or not. But, deep in Baron's eyes, Wade was sure he had.

"Tell you the truth, I don't have the slightest fucking clue on what I can do or if I can make any difference. But Grandmaster thinks I can, and I'd like to find out if I can too, so I'm gonna do everything I can to do that. And, now it's your choice and not mine, but I think you should too. I think you can do good as well, and I'd like to see you try like I am. Just give it ur best shot if nothing else"