Chapter3~the addition of the unknown element~

"The sum which two married people owe to one another defies
calculation. It is an infinite debt,
which can only be discharged
through eternity."

~Johann Wolfgangvon Goethe

************************************

Chapter3 ~the addition of the unknown element~

When Mala makes my appearence to the mandap I marched up to Dad standing with some of uncles and with some known faces...

How could my father gave his consent to some professor not knowing him..just meeting him today for some single minutes!!!

AND I'VE NOT MET HIM OR NOT EVEN SEEN HIM FOR FREAKING ONE TIME!!!

" Daddy, I don't wanna marry him..", I whine.

" Baby, he's a good guy!!"

" Gahh Daddy!! gimme a break...

I'm really not mentally prepared to marry someone right now..."

I told him adjusting the bridge of the glasses on my nose..

" But you've to prepare baby..either today or tomorrow...so do it today na.."

" Daddy please.." scaning the environment to find the curious ears and eyes enjoying the show I wish my 'pleasing' stops my father to move further and he would let me off from this!!

I really have no energy left to argue more with my parents and put up a show for everyone!!

" Look Anu he is a professor!!"

Ohh Daddy please stop...Everyone will make fun of our conversation..

This time excusing myself I drag ( not really ) my father to an emptier place of the mandap and ask him,

" So what??"

" He will lash your escaping from study and stop the falling of your grades and will also keep you happy as a husband..he promised."

wait, WHAT!!

" Ohh Dad! Please stop talking about my studies now!!

It's freaking disgusting and in this moment!! Really!!"

I roll my eyes.

But Daddy with more enthusiasm starts to praise about him in order to make me agree to marry him..

After some minutes of bickering Dad applies his last logic,

"Look at your mother Anu..she is gonna faint anytime out of her worry about your life. She has gotten a terible shock from Ankush's behaviour.

And now if you will reject Idhant she will be more upset.

For her sake marry Idhant na. And he is a gentleman. He will treat you right. "

So this freaking professor's name is Idhant! First time hearing!!

But ohh Dad why don't you all understand that a girl can survive without marriage!!

And now Ma's freaking out worries me too..

Looks like for my parents sake I've to marry the professor guy..

What can I do!

Nothing is important to me than the well being of my parents!

" Ok Daddy..stop advising! I will marry him.."

" That's my girl!" Daddy smiles, " You kept the honour of my consent.."

Daddy proceed to inform this big news to everyone and to ask to resume the left works..