Chapter7~closing a chapter of my life-

“ I guess it's going to have
to hurt, I guess I'm going to have
to cry, And let go of some things
I've loved to get to the other side
I guess it's going to break me
down, Like fallin when you try to
fly,
Sad but sometimes moving on
with the rest of your life starts
with goodbye.."
         ~Carrie Underwood~

************************************

Chapter7~closing a chapter of my life-

I wake up in the empty room zeroing my vision on the now moderatly hot tea filled cup. It was steamy when Mala placed it with a vain attempt of awaking me. I did not wake up, but I remember.

I sip on it.

The sleep was far better than excepted and the bed-tea is a cherry on top of it.

Who knows that sleeping on the floor(with the soft fluffy matress ofcourse!) turns out to be that refreshing!

But the tiredness is the sole reason for the good l sleep I think.

Otherwise the night of wedding spending on the floor( I don't count the matress) is so stingy!....uh, who arranged this poor place for my wedding?

Oh! the very same maternal uncle who arranged my wedding with Ankush!

Man seriously! Why does he act so stingy sometimes?

It is not that my father was not gonna give him the charge of renting a wedding place! Then why to act so mercilessly stingy!

I crushed the plastic cup in a unique pattern after emptying it and charging me for this long day with the hot liquid.

I get up and come out from the room to find a dustbin.

The place is awkwardly quiet.

Where is everybody and what time is it!

I slipped in a pair of oversized flipflops which are the only pair left outside the room and my own lovely stiletto was missing.

I walk to my house and enter the hall. Does everybody forget whose wedding is this! I mean look at the people who are here to attend my wedding! They are pretty happy without me! Enjoying themselves!

bah! way to go Anu!

I shuffle to the hall acknowledging them who finally notice me and then I glared at the wall-clock.

Yes, the innocent clock deserves a glaring for sweetly declaring it is 11:25.

what.the.hell!

Did I sleep that long!

I excuse myself to the relatives and go to my room.

Ma is there, selecting a saree for this day.

"Ma, why does no one awake me ?"

I whin while applying the paste on my toothbrush which I have fetched from the sink outside the attached washroom while coming into the room.

" Awe baby, you had a long day yesterday and you have to deal with a couple of long days more. So we decided to let you sleep as long as you want."

" Wwe?"

My word muffles for of foam in my mouth.

" Your husband and me."

I hurry to the sink to spit.