"It's not that hyung," Namjoon says lowering his gaze to the ground, "when I saw Jungkook attacked something in me...snapped, and I...I wanted to make sure that no one would hurt them...ever again." He says glancing at him, shame written on his face. "I wanted to ..." He doesn't need to continue because the eldest nods in understanding.

"I know that what you're feeling can be scary, but don't fight it Joon-ah. You're going to feel uncomfortable but just embrace the feeling, no matter how it makes you feel, can you do that for me?"

Namjoon swallows hard and nods in understanding, beads of sweat starting to form on his forehead as he shuts his eyes tight.

This is not good.

Yoongi watches as the detective struggles on the couch, his hands clasped together as the lines on his forehead become more prominent as his frown deepens, the veins on his neck sticking out.

Come on Joon-ah, you can do it.

The detective struggles for a few more minutes, which frankly feel like an eternity to Yoongi, who feels as his heart is going to combust as he waits for what's next, but when the detective tilts his head back and slowly exhales after holding his breath, his tense back muscles relax.

Namjoon sits up with a start, eyes wide as he coughs into his arm, his reaction equivalent to someone being woken up from a bad dream.

Judging by his reaction and return of the warm color of his eyes, Yoongi can tell that the detective managed to get in control.

"Better?" He asks and Namjoon nods his head.

"Alright, I'm going to teach you how to work with the counter part." Yoongi adds motioning for the detective to follow him.

Namjoon raises a brow but is quick to follow him, curious about what the eldest wants to teach him.

"So what is this counter part we are talking about?" Namjoon asks as he follows Yoongi down the long corridor.

"Well, remember how we talked about sometimes receding into our animal headspace?" Yoongi asks keeping his gaze to the front, continuing when he sees the detective nod out of the corner of his eye. "That's the counterpart, it's the instinct that we have in us." He explains and Namjoon nods, mouth slightly open as he processes the eldest's words.

"Different things can trigger it, as you may have noticed," he continues to explain, "and depending on the situation, that's how we react. Usually since we are born with that instinct we learn to use it as we grow, however in your case, we're going to have to test out what triggers you." Yoongi finishes with an abrupt stop, the detective almost running into him.

"Okay. How is that going to work?"

"Well, in order to see how much you are affected, first we need to test how much your senses were enhanced." Yoongi says leading Namjoon into one of the rooms.

"Okay, just tell me what I need to do."

"For now just sit on this chair." Yoongi instructs pointing to a chair in the middle of the room.

"I asked Jin hyung for help with this test." Yoongi explains from somewhere in the room, his voice distant and with a slight echo.