Chapter 22

Suigetsu and Karin where in shock.

After few moments, as the light began to fade, the night was starting to be visible. Sasuke opened his eyes. This time.... he felt something different. A pair of warm hands were wrapped around his neck, holding him tight as her head was against his. Hinata was hugging him. Blood drops began to fall on the ground.

Karin and Suigetsu were in shock at the sight. She was hurt. Sasuke's hand went right through Hinata's body as she was on her knees, hugging Sasuke.

Sasuke: "W-What the ... H-How did you"
Hinata: "I told you... I won't.... give up...on you." Hinata looked in his eyes, getting closer to him.
Sasuke: "What are you doing?!"

Hinata was getting close and close to Sasuke until she pressed her lips on his, kissing him. In that moment, the demon was stunned. He never felt something like this before. Her lips were warm and soft. He could feel her energy, her innocence and her pure feelings. This was something he couldn't handle.

Hinata took advantage of this moment and injected the antidote right in the cursed mark.

The demon felt it and got mad. He pulled his hand out Hinata's stomach and began to scream.

Sasuke: "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!? ARGHAA! IT BURNS!"
Hinata: "It's.... over." She lost her consciousness.

The demon was yelling desperately in pain as the cursed mark began to seal. His hair was falling, his claws were disappearing. He was fading... slowly.

Karin and Suigetsu were watching the whole scene with angst in their heart. They couldn't get close to Hinata nor Sasuke. The energy that was there, was breath taking. The demon screamed with that demoning voice until his voice became more and more familiar. After few moments, everything stopped. Sasuke was back. He was back to his human form and he had no cursed mark on his body anymore.

Sasuke: "Ah...hah...."

He was heavy breathing, powerless, frail and anemic.

Suigetsu managed to get up and ran toward them, along with Karin. He grabbed Sasuke before he fell on the ground and Karin ran straight to Hinata.

Suigetsu: "Sasuke! Sasuke, can you hear me!?"
Sasuke: "...Y-Yes... where is...Hinata"
Suigetsu: "She is right here! But she is hurt! We have to get help!"
Sasuke: " She...is...hurt?" Sasuke began to feel anxious. He saw Hinata and ran close to her. "Hinata!"

But she was not answering. He saw her body and how hurt she was. He recognized the wound. That's something Chidori does. He realized that ... he hurt her.

Karin: "There is no time! We must bring her home!!"
Suigetsu: "Karin, go straight to Konoha and bring lady Tsunade. I will take Hinata back!"
Karin: "HAI!"

Sasuke and Suigetsu grabbed Hinata and took her back in the house she used to live, hoping she will endure until Tsunade will get there.

[after some time]

Hinata was still not waking up. They bandaged her abdomen to stop the bleeding. That was the only thing they can do until lady Tsunade would be here. Sasuke didn't move from her. He held her hand so tight.

Suigetsu briefly told Sasuke some details of the story and how Hinata did her best to save him. Sasuke was really emotional and couldn't believe that she would fight so hard for him.

Tsunade entered the room and went straight to Hinata.

Tsunade: "I will take it from here. I will need some space."
Suigetsu: "Okay. We will wait outside"