Breaking Spells and a New True Love

Celia's voice called out, instantly grabbing my attention. "Mal!"

"Yeah, save your little friend, Mal!" Audrey taunted.

I turned into a dragon and let out a breath of fire. Audrey laughed and tried to hit me with a blast from the scepter. I noticed Celia standing behind Audrey in fear.

"Help me, Mal!" Celia cried.

Audrey grabbed Celia and held her hostage in front of her. "Careful not to fry your little VK buddy."

Not like I would. I'm aiming for you, Audrey.

"Help me, Mal!" Celia cried again, struggling in Audrey's grasp.

"Hold still, you little brat!"

Uma suddenly grabbed my attention. "We're stronger together, we're stronger together! I'm right here, Mal! Regain your might and ignite." I breathed fire on the ember, but it stayed dark. "I'm right here, girl. I'm right here. Regain your might and ignite!" The ember glowed blue.

"You want a piece of this?" Audrey taunted.

"No, no!" Celia exclaimed.

I held up the ember and blue met pink. "Go, Mal!" Celia cried.

"Go, Mal!" Harry cheered.

"You got this!" Uma encouraged. "You got this, girl!"

The blue light from the ember snuffed out the pink light and Audrey fell into a deep sleep.

"Yes!" Uma cried.

I turned back into myself and landed on the pillar where Audrey and Celia were. "Mal!"

I hugged her. "Celia. It's okay. I've got you." I noticed Audrey wasn't waking up and made my way over to her. "Audrey? Oh, no." My father's words registered in my head. 'You're only half-Hades. The ember won't do everything that it does for me.'

Mia's POV:

I felt myself suddenly able to breathe and heard Ben cough. I was me again. Not some statue meant for a garden.

"Come on. Let's go." Ben said.

Evie patted Carlos' shoulder. "You good?"

He nodded. "Yeah." He noticed how I was barely able to keep my balance. "Mia? You good?"

I stumbled as I shook my head. "I think being turned to stone made it worse." I nearly fell and Jay caught me.

Evie stared at me, worry etched all over her face. "We need an act of true love or a kiss."

Carlos frowned. "Do you know someone who can do that for her? Cause a kiss from any of us won't work."

Evie nodded. "Harry Hook."

They helped me to Harry and his eyes widened. "What happened? She's worse."

Evie glanced at me. "She got turned to stone, along with the rest of us, and I think that escalated the process. She needs a true love's kiss, Harry. And she needs it now."

Harry frowned. "I don't know if it'll work."

Jay shrugged. "There's only one way to find out."

Harry pressed a gentle kiss to my lips and I felt the pain lifting. I felt my face heat up, and it wasn't from Harry or his kiss.

I looked up at him and smiled. "Me and you, huh? Me and Harry. Wow. Who'da thunk?"

Harry laughed and whispered, "I love you."

I smiled and whispered back, "I love you too."

[So, that happened.]