We Need to Find That Cottage

Us girls made our way to Audrey's room after searching the castle while the boys headed off to find Ben.

Evie opened the door to Audrey's room and we saw Uma laying on the bed reading a book. "She's nowhere on campus."

Uma held up the book. "Found her diary. And dang did you ruin Audrey's life."

Mal frowned. "Okay, so did you find out anything in there that we don't already know or..."

Uma interrupted her. "She hangs out at Fairy Cottage. You know where Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather hid her mom from your mom."

Mal shot her a look. "Yes. The irony is not lost on me."

Uma put the book down and spread her arms out across the bed. "How could anyone with this bed ever be unhappy?"

I let out a small sigh. "The beds are great, but it takes a lot more than that to make a person happy."

Uma's eyes widened a little. "Wow. I don't think I've ever seen you so unhappy. What, did someone crush all your hopes and dreams?"

I shook my head. "No, I ran into my dad, and ow!"

Mal frowned. "Mia?"

I gave her a nod. "I'm okay."

Uma stood up and looked me over. "No, you're not. You're really pale. What did your dad do to you?"

I met her eyes. "I'm not sure. Somehow, he was able to use magic on the Isle. Must've been from Auradon. It was evil magic."

"Are you going to be okay?" Mal asked.

I nodded. "For now, yeah. But not forever."

We made our way to Evie's cottage and Mal let out a small sigh. "I really hope they found Ben."

Uma's eyebrows raised as she looked at the cottage. "Nice digs."

Evie gave her a smile. "I got a really good deal."

We walked inside the cottage to see Dizzy, Ana, and Smee's twins asleep on the couch. Dizzy started moaning in her sleep and Celia comforted her before placing a red blanket over the three of them. Celia leaned closer to Dizzy. "Don't worry, Dizzy. We can fix this. And once we do, they're gonna let all the kids come from the Isle. So, happy dreams."

Loud snoring caught our attention and we walked over to the sound. We noticed Doug sleeping on the floor.

"Uh, who's the dude?" Uma asked.

"Doug." Evie answered, kneeling next to him.

Evie started shaking him. "Doug. Wake up. Wake up."

Uma rolled her eyes. "He's spelled." She turned to me and Mal. "Is she not a fast learner?"

Mal gave her a small frown. "She's emotionally involved, okay?"

Uma smirked. "Well, in that case, she should be able to wake him up. True love's kiss. Works every time."

Evie glanced down at Doug and back up at us. "Well, we haven't used the 'L' word yet. Can we be alone?"

[One Kiss]

Evie kissed Doug and his eyes opened. He pretended to fall back asleep and hit his head on the table. Evie heard and hit his knee. He laughed and sat up. They sat next to each other on the table and she crossed her arms before sighing.

"Great." I commented. "True love. Ugh."

Evie looked at me and frowned. "Mia, are you okay?"

I let out a small groan. "The pain's radiating. I don't know how much more time I have."