My Once Upon a Time

We snuck through the forest to get to Fairy Cottage. We had to be quiet, as we didn't know if Audrey was still there or not.

We entered the cottage and it was silent. From first glance, it appeared to be empty. Jay ran upstairs and returned a moment later. "She's not upstairs."

Banging from behind a door caught our attention. Ben opened the door to reveal a wide-eyed Chad sitting in a fetal position. "Chad?"

Chad looked up at him, pure terror in his eyes. "I want my mommy."

Ben reached for Chad and he flinched away. "No!"

"It's okay." Ben said softly. "What happened buddy? Hmm."

Chad looked around and stood up before staring at Ben. "Ben. Ben! Your face." He touched Ben's facial hair. "She's gone? Huh?" We nodded and notices the door. "The door is open. I'm free. Freedom!" He ran out of the cottage. "Oh! Freedom!"

We continued looking around the cottage for any sign of Audrey, but she was obviously gone.

We walked out of the cottage and Uma said, "Ooh. Alright. Let's get this Audrey chick taken care of already. What do you say, girls? Time to wrap things up?"

Ben smiled at Mal. "You know, someday, you're gonna have to tell me how you guys all teamed up."

Evie spoke up. "Actually, Mal promised to let all the kids off the Isle once this is over."

Ben looked at his girlfriend. "Mal?

Mal's POV:

I knew this would bite me in the back. It seems that time has come. It's probably not the best time, but they need to know. "I have to tell you guys something." I turned to face my friends, seeing the confused looks on their faces. "Um, I lied to you. The kids won't be coming off the Isle."

Jay frowned. "What do you mean?"

I let out a sigh. "The program is shut down. And the barrier...will be closed for good."

"For Auradon's safety." Ben added.

I saw Mia's face drop. I felt bad for her, because as soon as Harry went back to the Isle, she'd never see him again. Her already pale features grew two shades paler.

Uma walked up to me. "Hold up. So, we're saving your precious people and your behinds for a lie. I knew it was a mistake to trust you. You're always out for yourself."

Harry glared at Ben. "And you, King Benny...you're probably just gonna throw us all back inside." He turned to Mia and looked at her sadly.

Celia narrowed her eyes. "You know what? I actually thought you were brave. You're nothing but a chicken. Too scared to tell me I was never gonna see my dad again."

"Celia. Celia." I called as she grabbed the ember from my hand. She dropped the ember into the water. "Celia, no! Celia! No! No." I picked up the ember and tried to relight it. "Regain your might and ignite! No...regain your might and ignite!"

Uma held up her shell to see that it was no longer glowing. "Bummer." She turned to Harry. "Let's go find Gil and leave them all to rot."

Harry glanced at Mia. "Even her?"

Uma nodded. "Even her."

The two of them walked off and I called out behind them, "No. Uh...Uma!" I turned back to my friends. "Evie...Mia...I'm so sorry. I'm sorry, I just...I thought that you...I was afraid to tell you two. I thought I was gonna lose my best friends. But I had to do something. I had to protect Auradon."