File 22: Mission

Bzzt! Bzzt!

Minny awoke to a vibration that she felt. When she opened her eyes, she was greeted with the blinding light of the sun. Around her were Lettuce and Persona sleeping on a park bench. She was on the table. Where was she? Where were the others?

She slowly stood up and walked over to Lettuce, waking him up, "Hey, Lettuce. Where are we?"

Awaking with a jolt, Lettuce recognized Minny and explained, "Rome. Specifically a park near the colosseum."

"Weren't we just at Florence?"

"Yeah, but Timo of Sicario Gang #7 shot you with a poison dart, trying to kill you and take over your position. The gang and I tracked him down to Rome to get the antidote."

"Well done, Lettuce. So why are we outside and where are the others?"

"Persona thought that it'd be best that you'd take your first breath consciously out in the fresh air. The others should be in a nearby van dozing off as well."

"Well, I awoke to a vibrating sound. Do you know any ideas where it's coming from?"

"No clue. You wanna check?"

Lettuce and Minny looked around the park bench, careful not to disturb Persona's slumber. After looking, they couldn't find the vibrating noise.

"You sure you heard a vibrating noise?" asked Lettuce, a little frustrated from finding nothing.

"It's the reason I woke up," replied Minny, "Oh!"

Soon, Minny found out the source of the vibrating noise. She felt the metal finger given to her by Samuel, the Capo of Draiocht.

"Hey, does that mean that the Messenger is contacting you?" asked Lettuce in awe.

"I guess so," replied Minny, "I'll answer it."

She put her metal finger up to her ear after accepting the call.

"Minny. Capo of the Bangtan Gang," announced the Messenger, "Am I speaking to her?"

"Per il Capo," replied Minny.

"Good. The information I'm about to disclose come directly from the Boss. We need your help."

"What is it?"

"Samuel of Draiocht Gang has been killed."

"What!? The Draiocht Gang Capo has been killed again already? Why!?"

"No one knows. So far, no one wants to accept the role anymore. And we need a Capo. We found evidence that Zetsu, leader of Faizione Gang #13 was the culprit. His gang should be somewhere near Naples."

"Zetsu? Gang #13? You want us to assassinate them?"

"Yes."

"Why can't you just use your professional hitmen for the job? There are four of them, correct?"

"That may be the case, but we don't plan on using such drastic measures yet. Even then, they're busy on their own missions."

"Hmm. Alright, we'll accept the mission."

"Grazie. You'll be compensated greatly for your completion of this task."

With that, the call had ended. Minny stared at her metal finger for a while before looking at Lettuce.

"Naples, huh?" asked Lettuce, "Never thought we'd be doing an assassination mission on a whole gang. Usually it's only one or two people."

"Since I'm the Capo, I guess our responsibilities have increased. What's the time?"

"12:01 AM. We slept through the whole night."

"We should wake the others up. With you and Wraith, we should get this assassination done quickly. After that, we can finally return to Venice."

"Buon giorno, Minny," yawned Wraith as he exited the van alongside Exodus, Inferno, and Dante.

"You guys were all unharmed," stated Minny, "That's good."

"Of course!" smiled Exodus, "We're Bangtan! We can handle ourselves!"

"Hey, wake up dumbass!" yelled Lettuce as he kicked Persona off the park bench, "We've got a mission to do."

"Already?" asked Persona as he rubbed the bruise on his head.

"Our workload isn't usually this hectic," replied Lettuce, "With Draiocht's Capo dead, it seems like we have more trouble dumped onto us."

"Wait, Samuel's dead?" asked Inferno, "Who killed him? Why are people targeting the Draiocht Capos?"

"Their motives are unclear," explained Minny, "However, we do have a suspect. Zetsu of Faizione Gang #13."

"Zetsu.. bad..?" asked Dante.

"It's hard to believe for me too," replied Minny.

"Huh?" asked Persona, confused, "Who's Zetsu? Why is it hard for you guys to believe that he's the person who killed Samuel?"

"Zetsu is the leader of Faizione's Gang #13," explained Lettuce, "He's also a close friend. Although we're in different gangs, he's been helping us. Especially the first Draiocht Capo murder. His gang told us about the murder, even aiding us to investigate it. Had it not for them, I don't think we would've been able to apprehend Butcher."

"Speaking of Butcher," asked Wraith, "Has there been any new leads on why he killed the Draiocht Capo?"

"We've yet to find out," replied Lettuce.

"Are we really going to kill these guys?" asked Exodus, "Even after what they've done for us?"

"I dislike the idea too," replied Minny, "But orders are orders. Especially from the Boss. If he finds out that Zetsu and his gang are still alive, he might just send his hitmen to kill them and us as well."

"What a bother," stated Lettuce, "Let's go already. I want this done quick."

Minny and the gang headed into the van, ready to go to Naples and kill the targets that were assigned to them.