13 (Race to the Ruby!)

Start from the beginning

Omega and Lola lunged at each other ready to battle once more.

- Meanwhile, inside The Fortress -

Lana's chase on Xinn had become nothing less than intense. Xinn was dodging all the poison blades Lana threw at her.

Lana: Damn! She's so nimble! No matter.. This can't keep up forever..  Just keep on chasing! She'll tired out eventually...

Xinn turned around and pulled out a gun and started firing at Lana. Lana stopped moving forward and had to move in a zig zag formation to dodge all the bullets that were being fired upon her.

Lana: Crap! Crap! Stay wise!

Lana dove to cover, leaving Xinn time to dash away. Lana punched the ground in fury and continued her pursuit.

A few minutes later..

Xinn was starting to get tired from the constant running while Lana still pulled on through.

Xinn: Huff.. huff... Damn! Where is the ruby?! Do they have any damn labels here?!

As Xinn dashed on, she noticed a guard walking buy. Taking her chances, she grabbed and pulled him into a nearby locker.

Guard: (Muffled) MPPHH!!! HELLPPHH!!!!

Xinn: Shut the hell up! Now, if you want things to go smoothly, you better tell me where the damn Charged Ruby is!

Guard: T-the.. Charged Ruby? What are you talking about?

Xinn: Don't BS me! I'm aware of the secret Ruby full of infinite energy you keep in this facility! Now, if you don't want to get killed I recommend telling me where to go.

Guard: O-ok!! Ok fine!! T-take an elevator down to the bottom floor..

Xinn: Perfect.

Xinn knocked the guard out and continued her run through the base. She eventually found an elevator and hopped in just as Lana spotted her.

Lana: Hey!! Get back here!

Xinn: Ta-Ta! Smell you later!

The cloaked boss escaped through the elevator and went down the floors. Lana cracked her knuckles and pried open the door with her hands. She looked down the dark elevator shaft, some sweat ran down her face as the abyss looking hole started tugging at her fear of falling..

Lana: Oook... You can do this.. you can.. do this...

Lana breathed in and out.. Trying to give herself a nudge to make the leap down the shaft..

Lana: A-Alright... Three... Two... One... GERONIMO!!!!!

Lana ran and bumped straight down into the shaft. She tried to look and see if the top of the elevator was approaching due to how dark the shaft was. She looked around hoping to come up with a solution to brighten up the tunnel before she went splat on the ground.

The mutant realized that there were no ropes or cables in the middle of the shaft. Must be one of those new magnetic elevators that were said to be faster.