It was a thick band with Jade stones embedded on it, so that everytime he'd look at it, he'd think of me.

"And here's mine for you. So that you always have Jade with you", I said as I slid the ring over this finger.

"Beautiful", he whispered as he inched forward and kissed me, making the public roar with a thunderous applaud.

.

.

The rest of the evening was spent with the Langfords introducing me to all of their friends and acquaintances.

Some of the guests had left by now and some were still dining

As Dax and I were walking around greeting those who we hadn't, a man entered the banquet hall which caught Dax's attention.

He lead me towards the man and wrapped the man in a huge hug.

The man and he hugged and exchanged their greetings.

"Meet my buddy Pierre", he said to me and turned to look at the man, "and this is my wife to be, Jade Okoye".

"I'm Pierre Bloyer", the man said as he kissed the back of my palm.

"Jade Okoye", I said as I retrieved my hand on Dax's chest as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Hands and mouth off my woman", he joked and Pierre laughed.

He was a tall man, maybe around six foot. He had a thick beard which added to the elegance of his well defined face. He was attractive, but not compared to Dax.

"Pierre and I went to the same school when I was in France and have been friends since then", Dax said to me and I smiled.

"That's amazing", I said as I looked at the two.

"Yes, Dax has been a very good friend to me. He's always been there for me in times of my difficulty and that's the reason why I consider him family", Pierre spoke in a typical French accent.

"Oh come on", Dax rolled his eyes but Pierre just smiled.

I could see the genuineness in his smile. The gratitude he had towards Dax for all the times he's stood by him.

"Pierre!", Alex exclaimed from behind us and we turned around.

He rushed across the semi crowded bar area and threw himself on Pierre.

"Hi Lex", Pierre said as he embraced him.

"It's been so long. When did you get here? I haven't seen you around here, the place was crowded with bloody boring old couples and media persons", Alex grumbled.

"I arrived here five minute ago, Lex", Pierre spoke and Alex nodded enthusiastically.

"My apologies, I couldn't make it in time because something urgent came up with work and I had to deal with it", he said looking at Dax.

"That's not a problem at all. Just don't be late on my wedding",Dax told him and they laughed.

"Also, Pierre was the one who helped us adopt Alex from France", Dax said to me.

"Shut up, not again", Alex scowled, making us laugh.

"Jade!", said a familiar voice from behind us and we turned around to look at Jamie and Fizzy.

"Oh my goodness, where have you guys been!", I almost yelled as I abandoned the little group of men I was chatting with and walked towards my best friends.

Jamie and Fizzy hugged me as they congratulated me.

"We've been here the whole time admiring Daxton and you. We just wanted to wait around until you finished greeting everyone", Jamie said.

"Well, I don't know if that's even going to happen. There are plenty of people in here even though some have left and I'm tired already", I mumbled.

"Let's go congratulate Daxton!", Fizzy exclaimed.

She walked towards Dax as Jamie and I followed.

"Congratulations on your engagement, Daxton", she said as she hugged Dax.

"Thanks Fizzy. I'm so glad to see you here", he smiled.

"Dax, this is Jamie, my best friend and Jamie this Dax-"

"Your fiancé", he interrupted me as the shook Dax's hand.

"Pleasure meeting you, Daxton. Jade always keeps talking about you", he smirked.

Dax's smile widened.

He introduced my friends to Pierre and Alex who greeted them.

"The local media is talking all about you guys. My phone's been buzzing for the past two hours that's ever since your dad made the announcement. So congratulations on managing to convince the public", Fizzy said to Dax.

Dax looked uneasily at me.

"It's alright. They know about it", I said to him and he nodded.

"This is one boring party. I will definitely skip your wedding if we have the same crowd of these old, boring couples", Alex groaned and Dax laughed.

"Excuse me now, the only girl I can hit on is that woman over there", he said pointing towards the bar tender.

"Lex will never change", Pierre rolled his eyes making us laugh.

_

A/N:

Hello my readers!

I'm extremely sorry for not updating for ages, but I was really busy with college.

I've updates a few chapters in order to make up for my really long absenteeism lol.

Also, I'd like to cast Matthew Noszka as Pierre.

Lots Of Love
-Carita D'Costa❤️