He poured a flute for himself and me and set it on our table.

"Cheers to us, muffin", he said as we clinked our flutes.

"Cheers to us".

"Oh, I got us something to eat. You must be hungry", he said.

"Yeah", I mumbled and he smiled.

We walked towards the table which had several dishes on it.

"I've got your favourite foods!", he exclaimed and I smiled widely as I looked at the spaghetti and meatballs.

He served us a portion and lead us back to our tables.

I dug into my spaghetti and cut a piece of meat and damn, it was so delicious.

"My goodness, this is amazing Dax", I said as I stuffed another mouthful of food, making Dax laugh.

"I'm glad you liked it", he said with relief.

It took me a few second until I realised.

"Dax, did you cook this?", I asked after chewing my food.

"Yes, muffin. I did", he admitted.

"Seriously? This is absolutely amazing!", I almost yelled, making him laugh some more.

"I mean, wow. I don't even know how to cook and here you are, my future husband who's such a good cook", I said and he just smiled.

The gorgeous smile that makes my heart melt.

"I'm so lucky to have you", I said surprising myself and probably him too.

"Hey, I was supposed to say that!", he said immediately and we laughed.

We ate in mild silence, stealing glances at each other as the waves crashed lightly in the background.

Once we were done eating and drinking, Dax lead me towards the edge of the railing.

We gazed at the endless sea around us as he wrapped his arms around me as he rested his chin on my head.

He lightly kissed the back of my head.

A few minutes later, he pulled away.

I turned around to look at him and he was bent on one knee.

"I realised that I hadn't even asked you if you want to marry me", he shrugged his shoulders and I covered my face.

"Jade, for the little time that I've known you, you've always made me happy. I know the situation in which we are may seem to be not right, but it feels just so right to be with you in this damn situation. I'm falling for you, Jade. And I look forward to spending the rest of my life with you", he said, still on his knee.

"Will you marry me?", he asked with his gorgeous smile.

"Although, I already know the answer", he added, making me laugh.

"Yes, of course I'm marrying you, Dax", I chuckled.

"Yay! I'm so glad", he exclaimed making me laugh some more.

I hugged him with all my might as soon as he stood up.

"I've got a little something for you. I decided to save the ring for tomorrow, so I got you this instead", he said as he pulled away.

He reached for a pocket in his coat and pulled out a small box.

He open the box and showed its contents to me.

Two beautiful platinum chains and pendants shaped in a tiny lock and key were in the box.

"The lock will belong to you and the key will belong to me", he said as he slid the chain with the lock pendant around my neck.

I did the same as I slid the chain with the key pendant around his neck.

"Because they connect, just like us", he said as he inserted the tiny key into the tiny lock.

Our faces were hardly inches apart as our breaths mingled.

Before I even knew it we were kissing under the moonlight as the waves lightly crashed around us and in that moment we were connected, just like our pendants were; the lock and the key.

_

A/N:

The next chapter is going to be about their engagement! Brace yourselves!!!

Lots Of Love:
Carita D'Costa❤️