•Chapter 45•

"Don't be stupid! Of course we want you to come", Hayes yells. I roll over in my bed and look up at him. He props himself up on his elbows and looks down at me from the top bunk.

I moved back in with Hayes and Nash after turning in my resignation to Coach. Sky however, stayed in North Carolina because she to stay by the hospital.

I couldn't even bear to look at my teammates, so I handed him the note and walked out. I practically ran to my car and jumped in.

But now I look at Hayes, I see complete sincerity." How much do I pack", I say cracking a smile. They are going on tour again and this time I get to experience the whole thing.

Hayes, Nash, and I moved to California with Cam and of course, Nash and Cameron being the cheaps they are, only got a place with three rooms.

When we first got here they shoved Hayes and me into the biggest room with a set of bunk beds and watched. I sat on the bottom bunk calmly with my arms crossed and Hayes jumped on top.

"Oh come on Madibear", Nash had whined. Cam pinched his nose." We'll fly your friends out or they can drive."

Two months ago we had that conversation when Nash and Cam forced me to move them. Colbie even said I could move in with her, but no I had to move to California and Skylynn got to move in with Colbie and her little sisters. So here I am, still sharing a room with Hayes, except now we are on the entirely different coast.

Hayes jumps off the top bunk and runs out of the room screaming," Madi's going with us on Digi!"

I rolled my eyes and scramble out of bed. I pull on my semi padded mint green swimsuit and then tug on a pair of shorts and a cut off tank top. I hear them panting behind me and I turn around.

"What do you want dorks", I say holding back a smile. They beam at me and Cam runs over and spins me around." Stop! Let's go take pictures."

They smile again and leave as Hayes grabs some swim trunks and a tank top. He walks out and I do too, camera in hand and then I see Bryant.

"Look at the little mini me", he smiles. Then he comands," Camera down. You need pictures for your signing pleasure at Digi too." I rolled my eyes and put my camera on the table.

*********************************

"Madi quit goofin around! We need to take pictures", Nash and Bryant yell.

"We already took a million pictures", I say slouching over. I stand up and kick the sand off the beach and into the air smiling.

"Yay Madi that picture was actually super cute you brat", Bryant says pulling his eye away." Now go play or something."

I strip off my clothes and roll out a towel. I plop down on it and just lay out. The boys laugh and I flash them the middle finger before just closing my eyes. I lay there in silence and honestly, just a thought, when people are depressed or stressed they should go lay down in the sand at a beach and just close their eyes.

Just laying there makes me forget everything I miss in North Carolina. I miss Luke, I miss Colbie's laughs and obsessions about certain vines (Daquan? In Jail), I miss Sunny's spunk and just her love of life, I miss Bella's weird mood swings where she's normal one minute and then the next it's like she is on a damn sugar high, I miss McKenzie Rose's constant blonde moments and the little faces she makes. I just plain miss North Carolina.

I guess I've been laying here for awhile because see shadows over me and I peek my eye open expecting to see Nash or Hayes, but instead I see a couple guys peering down at me.

"Hey", one of them says. I smile and sit up.

"Hey", I laugh. I take a quick look around.

"So what's your name", a super tan and lean guy asks.

"Madi", I answer leaning back on my hands.

"We know", the red head says.

"Uh creepy", I say scooting a little bit away.

"You're the girl who played in the NHL", the first guy says. I smile and nod. He's got these super dark brown chocolate eyes and if I don't look away I'm going to get lost in them.

"You also played with my brother", the tan one says. I look at him and gasp. That jaw line. How could I forget that jaw line.

"Oh my god! You're Beau's little brother aren't you", I practically yell.

"Yeah, Beck", he says. I smile.

"Beck and Beau", I say. He laughs and smiles.

"Madeline Claire Grier", Cameron yells. My head drops and I stand up brushing off the sand. I grab my towel and beat the sand out of it before grabbing my clothes and shoes.

"Nice meeting you, but I've been summoned", I say to them. They laugh and Beck is the first to stand up.

"Give me your phone", he says.

"A little straight forward are we", I question lightly. He laughs and I hand him my phone. He types in his phone number and I laugh at his name. 'Beck' is under the first name slot and 'The cuter Bennett brother' is in the last name slot." You and Beau are like twins."

He scowls and I laugh walking away.

"Who are the boys", Hayes screams. I look over my shoulder and see them looking at us.

"Just boys", I say.

"You got one of their numbers I saw him take your phone", Cam says swinging an arm over my shoulder. Nash swings his over my other shoulder and we start walking. I stare down at my phone on instagram as we start walking.

"Quit throwing death glares over your shoulders at them", I say and they immediately whip around like I couldn't feel them turning around.

I roll my eyes and climb into the passenger of Bryant's car.

The boys climb in and Bryant starts the car. The music is loud and I can't think about anything, but the lyrics getting screamed through the speakers.

My phone rings and I reach out to turn down the radio.

"Whoa whoa whoa! What are you doing", Bryant yells.

"I'm getting a call", I yell turning it down. I look down and its a unknown number. Great.

I press accept and hold it up to my ear.

"Helloooo", I say swatting Bryant's hand away from the volume knob thing.

"Hey, Madi." I smile hearing Beck's voice coming through the speaker.

"Oh, hey", I say pulling my legs up and sit indian style.

"Madi who's on the phone", Hayes yells. I swat my hand. Hayes' hand shoots out and grabs my phone. He rips it backwards and I shriek.

"Hayes give me back my phone", I yell reaching back. He holds the phne just out of my reach.

"Who is this and why are you calling my sister", he says into the phone. He's silent and then frowns." Who the hell is Beck?"

"Yeah Madi. Who the hell is Beck", Cam says. I roll my eyes and lean back in my chair.

"Hayes I'm serious", I growl.

"Hayes I'm serious", he mimicks." Just tell us who lover boy is."

"That's it", I scream. I hit my buckle and swing it off. I start to crawl into the back and Bryant graps the waistband of my shorts. I swing at Hayes and he pushes himself as far as he can backwards. Bryant pulls me backwards and Nash and Cam push on my shoulders.

I huff sitting back in my seat with my arms folded tightly over my chest. I can here Hayes, Nash, and Cam drilling Beck with question after question. Beck's on his own here. I'm not going to help because it's 4 against 1 here.

"Well he sounds nice", Hayes says handing me my phone back. I snatch it from his hands and put it in my lap without a word.

"Oh come on mini me", Bryant says reaching a hand over. I slap his hand away and I hear Cam take a breath in.

"Way to mess it up Hayes", Nash says.

I roll my eyes again and stare straight out the window.