•Chapter 13•

"We all need to check in before we leave", Amy says. I roll my eyes. We have been standing here for 15 minutes waiting for her to check her damn papers." Ok looks like everyone is here. Let's head back to the bus.

"Finally", I mutter. Colton laughs and I smile at him.

He swings an arm over my shoulder. I lean into him and we walk with everyone else back to the bus. We all sit in the same seats with Colton up front and me and my friends in the back. The lights of the bus turn off and I climb out and sit on the floor in the aisle. We all talk and just chill and then we get pulled over by a cop. I scramble back into my seat right as the lights turn on.

A police officer comes onto the bus followed by an FBI agent. I see her face and I freeze. It's Kristin. They talk to the bus driver and Mrs. Jackson before they are given full attention.

"I am Agent Rodriguez. This is Agent Parker. Madeline Grier please stand up." My blood goes cold and I numbly stand up." Come outside for a minute." They walk out and I turn back and look at my friends. All the blood is gone from their faces and their eyes are wide. I can tell I look the same. I walk through the bus numbly.

I walk down the steps and Kristin motions for the bus driver to close the door and tells him to have all the kids close their windows. They check the windows and then come back and stand in front of me. I am to clinging to my sanity for dear life and I can already feel the tears welling up in my eyes.

"Would you like the sugar coated version or the blunt version", Rodriguez asks.

"Blunt", I answer.

"Madi. Will, Elizabeth, John, and Skylyn are missing", Kristin says. I stare at her speechless and then I break down and my knees collapse. Kristin kneels down next to me and hugs me tightly.

She pulls me from the ground hugging me tightly. I hear pounding on the door and then I hear it open. Mac, Sunny, Colbie, and Bella come down and engulf me. I fall back to the ground stare off into the side of the road rocking back and forth.

"Whats going on? What did you tell her", Mac and Bella scream. Kristin and Agent Rodriguez repeat it and Colbie starts crying and holds onto me for dear life. Mac and Sunny hold onto both of us and Bella just stands there in shock.

"Madi", Kristin says." Would you like to go back to your house with Hayes and Nash?"

I nod numbly and she gives the address to the bus driver. She gives him the instructions to go straight to my house and then Mac helps me walk back through the bus and to my seat. Mac pulls me close to her and I just cry into her shoulder. Madelyn comes back and sits next to me. Mac whispers what happened and Madelyn starts crying and holds onto me tightly.

I stop crying slowly and can feel myself going numb. I stare off into space.

"What the hell happened", Nathan asks. All the guys nod.

"You know her parents Elizabeth and John", Bella starts. They nod." And her oldest brother Will, and her sister Skylyn?"

"Yeah tell us", they demand,

"They're missing." They go silent and I look at them with my tear stained face. A tear drips down Seth's face and then one down Sam's, and then one down Nathan's.

"Can you call Hayes", I croak out.

McKenzie nods and grabs my phone. She dials the number and hits call. She holds it up to her head and talks to him. I can hear him crying and I feel my heart getting stabbed. Nash starts screaming in the background and I can hear the tears in his voice. I hear Cam and Shawn trying to calm him down and then they both hang up.

I go back into my state of silence and then Colton walks back. I look up at him and he takes Caitlin's spot. He holds me agains his chest and puts his knees up on the seat in front of us. He smoothes my hair down looking into my eyes and I just bury my head in his chest.

After awhile I change my position and stare out the window. When we start pulling into my neighborhood I climb out of the seat and walk towards the front.

"Stop the bus", I croak out loudly at the bus driver through tears. My heart is being ripped apart piece by piece. Everyone looks at me in curiosity and he stops it in the middle of the cul- de- sac. I wait for him to open the door.

He does and opens the door. I see Nash and Hayes standing in the drive way with the rest of the guys and I start sprinting toward them. Hayes starts running towards me and I jump into his arms. I wrap my legs around his waist and he hugs me tightly and then Nash is there. I start crying again and Hayes does too.

Mac's POV

"Anyone who lives in this neighborhood may get off and walk home. I called your parents and informed them on whats going on", Mrs. Jackson says wiping fake tears." If any of you were wondering. People in Madeline's family went missing."

"Oh shut up", I say grabbing my bag and Madi's." Don't act like you care."

"And don't act like you know what is going on", Bella yells standing up.

"You don't have the right to go out and tell people about this", Sunny yells standing up also.

"You are such a bitch", Colbie says grabbing her bag.

"Where are you girls going. You don't live in this neighborhood", she screams.

"Get out of their way", Nathan, Seth, and Sam yell standing up and walking after us." And ours."

We all start walking off the bus and she grabs her cell phone. I can hear my mom yelling at her from the other side of the phone and I smirk through the pain. We all walk up to the house and I go around with Bella and Sunny locking all the doors and windows. Colbie goes around shutting the blinds.

Nathan, Seth, and Sam watch and when we are done we walk upstairs to Hayes and Madi's room. Madi is in her bed next to Hayes. Nash is crying on the floor and all of us just plop down on the ground next to them.

Everyone holds onto someone and just silently sits there as tears run down their faces. Bella hugs Sam and Colbie hugs Matt. I hug Nathan. Seth holds Sunny as she cries.

Madi starts trying to hold back her tears and I sigh." Madi, its ok to cry."

Madi's POV

"Madi its ok to cry", Mac says.

I start crying again and she comes over and holds me to her. After awhile my friends pass out in random positions in Hayes' bed. I feel myself getting loopey and snuggle into Hayes. He wraps an arm around me and I fall asleep feeling safe despite all the things going on in my life.