•Chapter 26•

"Madi", Kristin says running up to me. She is smiling so big." We can ask Kian and Lucas questions." She pauses." They can tell us where they were and we can find everyone. We are going to find them!"

"Don't call me until you do", I say and walk around her. She grabs my arm and pulls me back.

"What is with the attitude? I'm working my ass off to find your family", she yells at me. I rip my arm out of her grasp.

"I don't want to get my hopes up", I scream." You guys said you found them before and you didn't. I don't want to get hurt again."

"Madi", she sighs. I just turn around and look wildly for Hayes.

I see him standing by all the guys and I sprint over to him. He turns around at the last minute and I just wrap myself around him and hold on tight.

"They are going to ask Kian and Lucas questions", I hiccup into his shoulder.

"I know", he says. I put my legs back onto the ground.

"Can we go home now", I ask. Nash nods.

Mark, Nathan, and Andrew stand there awkwardly, still in shock over everything that happened.

All the other guys are so used to it by now that they don't even question me. Hayes just hugs me tightly.

"Tommy", I say and he turns around. I hug him and he just holds me.

"I'll text you, k", he says and I smile a small smile and and we all get into the car behind Kristin and drive home.

Mark, Nathan, and Andrew just kind of sit there awkwardly and I try to smile to lessen the tension, but it comes out the fakest smile imaginable. We drop them off at Nathan's house and then drive the rest of the way home.

I go up to my room and just clean up everything. I even clean Hayes' crap. I make his bed and then plop down on mine.

There something off about the house, but I can't put my finger on it.

I scroll trough all of my feeds and eventually get bored. I walk downstairs remembering what Tommy told me and go into the living room.

"Hayes", I say softly sitting down next to him on the couch.

"Yeah Madi", he says not looking at me. I sigh.

"Tommy told me you and Nash thought I was gonna want to go with Lucas and Kian", I say. He whips his head towards me." I don't want to do that. This is going to be super cheesy, but I lost you once and I'm not gonna lose you twice."

"Awwwww Maddiiii thatz so schweeett", he says hugging me around the stomach.

"Ewww Hayes! You didn't shower", I laugh.

He starts laughing and we just keep laughing at each other.

"Yeah Mad so schweet", Nash says sitting down on the other couch.

"Where's Cam", I ask.

"He went back to the hotel where the guys are."

I look back towards the TV and see the news on." Two of the boys that have been missing were found today." I look away and just pick at my nails.

"Madi that's Kristin", Hayes yells.

I look up and there's her picture." A group of FBI agents then went MIA."

That's when I notice the uneasy silence. There aren't any agents.

I hear rustling in the bushes and I grab my phone quickly. I open my notes and type 'Go to the police! They came for us.'

I screen shot it and set it as my background. I lock my phone and lay it in between some pages in a book on the table... right as the window breaks.

Mac's POV

"Ew quit being lovey dovey", Sunny groans. Colbie and Matt have been dating since a week after Madi's family went missing.

"Shut up", Colbie says.

"Are you allowed to be driving with all of us in the car with only a permit", Bella asks. I look at her in the rear view mirror.

"No, but your gonna deal with it", I say. Her eyes widen and Sunny laughs turning around to look at her.

"You need to stop hanging around the boys", Matt says." You're turning into a bad ass."

"Shut up", I say pulling into their driveway.

I smile turning off the car and look up. The smile is wiped from my face. Madi should be running out here to meet us.

I get out of the car and sprint up to the door. I grab the key from it's hiding place in a fake bush on the front porch and then shove it roughly into the key hole. I scream in frustration when I realize it's in the wrong way.

I struggle to pull it out, but I quickly put it back in and shoulder the door open.

"McKenzie", Bella screams." Where's Madi?"

I run up to her room and see nothing. I check the bathroom, Nash's room, Will's room, even Sky's room. She's not upstairs.

I come barreling down the stairs." She's not upstairs", I say in a panicked voice. I notice Sunny crying. Bella looks stunned and I see Colbie hugging Matt.

In Bella's hand is Madi's phone. She turns it toward me and I feel all the air leave me.

"Get in the car", I scream taking off out the door.

The wheels squeal as reverse out of the driveway and quickly change the gear and take off down the street.

We sprint into the station tears running down our faces. I grip Madi's phone tightly and run to the front desk.

"My friends were kidnapped", I choke out and slide the phone forward slightly.

"Oh my god", the officer says and then hits a button sounding off a bunch of alarms." What's your friends names?"

"Madi, Nash, and Hayes Grier", Matt says wiping tears from his eyes as they come out rapidly.

"They were the last ones in the family", she says quietly. She starts speaking rapidly to everyone and we all stand there sobbing.

"Mac", Sunny says leaning her head on my shoulder." We were a few minutes late. I checked when she changed her background and it said 3 minutes ago."

"If only I wasn't late picking you guys up. We would've been there", I whisper. She pulls back.

"It's not your fault Mac", she says firmly. I just shake my head and she leans her head back on my shoulder.

"I need you five to get in the squad car with Officer Redmond. We got a GPS signal from Nash's cell phone", she says.

"No his phone was on the couch", Colbie sputters.

"No that watch phone thing. I got him it for his birthday", Matt yells excitedly.

"Yes we have FBI trailing them now. We are going to head out", she says again.

I run out with everyone behind me and see an officer leaning in a car waiting. I jump into the front seat and everyone else crams in the back." C'mon. C'mon. C'mon", I mumble drumming my fingers on my legs.

He slowly puts the key in and turns on the ignition.

"Are you shitting me", Bella yells." Quit moving like a damn snail. Our friend was just kidnapped."

"Yes Ma'am", he says and starts speeding off down the road with the light and sound blaring.