•Chapter 24•

Hayes eventually got up off the ground and we all continued to walk around and joke about each other. Tommy stayed glued to my side and I to his.

"My Aunt Courtney said that is was going to be super crowded at her house and we live next door if you want to stay at my house you can", he says and I look up at him and smile.

"I'll think about it", I say and walk a little faster.

He laughs and wraps his arms around my waist and spins me around. I laugh and scream a little and people look at us with annoyed faces. But we don't care, we just keep on going.

"You are so cute", he says and I smile.

He pulls me to him and I look over my shoulder. He kisses my forehead and I smile and look at my feet. He grabs my hand and we just keep walking.

"Madeline Claire Grier", Aunt Amy screeches. I roll my eyes and look around for her.

"Yes ma'am", I say politely. I really don't feel like getting slapped in public.

"You little brat. You completely ditched your cousin for people you just met?! Family is family and you chose them over her", she says and then grabs my wrist tightly. I rip it from her hands and she looks at me with fire in her eyes.

"Don't touch me", I say at normal volume. She looks at me like I just killed a puppy.

"You are so grounded. I'm telling Kristin", she says and I snap.

"You are such a monster and you created a monster, now I know where Bridget gets it", I yell after her.

Tommy stiffens up and pushes me behind him. Aunt Amy comes sprinting back at me and he puts his arm out and tries to hold me back.

"Ahhhhh", I scream. She grabbed ahold of my hair and is pulling, hard. I grab hold of her wrist and drag my nails down her arm.

"God dammit Madi", she yells pulling her arm back.

Christy and Lizzie hug me while I see Jillian jump on Aunt Amy's back. If I haven't mentioned before, Jillian is a bad ass.

"Jill", I say and she stops still and looks at me. I laugh and she unloads one more blow and drops off.

"That bitch deserved it", she says dusting her hands off.

"Nash", I say and he looks over at me." Can we please never visit them again."

"We don't have to", he says and I frown." They're moving to Seattle that's why we came in the first place."

"Oh thank god", I say.

"Mom", Bridget screeches. She see me and narrows her eyes.

"Shit", I say. Bridget comes over an gets all up in my face. I shove her backwards and then she shoves me backwards. I shove her again and she stumbles back a little bit and swings at me. I dodge it and then punch her right in the jaw. She falls over." Don't mess with me Bridgie."

"Damn girl", Jillian says giving me a high five. I give her a smirk and she smile.

"I don't take shit from no one", I say rolling my shoulder.

"Tough girl huh", Tommy says putting an arm over my shoulder. I smirk and he laughs.

"Hey arm off my sister big shot", Nash says. Tommy takes his arm off and I frown. He puts it back around me and I smile. He laughs.

"I'm tired", I say leaning my head into his side. I've already tried to lean my head on his shoulder. He's too damn tall.

"Everyone is staying at my place", Tommy says and I smile." Sausage Fest is almost over anyways. We could walk back now and just tell Kristin."

"Ok", I say smiling up at him.

"Hey do you guys want to head to my house", Tommy says." This is getting boring because everyone is leaving."

"Yeah lets do it", Caleb says.

"Woah, woah, woah", Cameron says." Where do you think you're going?"

"To Tommy's house. Its right by Courtney's", I say and he raises his eyebrows.

"Take Hayes and your little band friends", Nash says. I groan and he looks at me.

"Fine", I say and look at Tommy.

"Hey I don't mind your brother is cool and your friends are my friends", he says.

I smile and we start walking. Everyone else walks behind us and we just walk in silence. He grabs my hand and holds it out in front of us. I laugh and look up at him. He smiles down at me and we just walk like that. We turn into his neighborhood and I see Kristin's car parked in front of a house.

The lights are all off and I know that all the parents are probably still at the festival getting wasted. We walk past it and Tommy opens the door and we all walk in and kick off our shoes. We walk into the living room and just sit down.

"My parents will probably just crash next door because its closer", Tommy says." All the adults get pretty smashed at Sausage Fest."

"That probably means that right when we left Nash and Cam went to get beers or something", I say to Hayes. He laughs and nods his head.

"How old are they", Christy asks.

"Cam's 21, but Nash is only 17 still. He's almost 18 though", Hayes says.

"Cam will get Nash's beer and then they will get drunk. Its happened before", I say.

*************************

"Ok so who's sleeping where", Jillian asks. Everyone looks at Tommy and he shrugs.

"Um we can sleep down here or up in my room", he says.

"Upstairs dude. If your parents come home drunk I don't want to be down here", Justin says. Tommy laughs and we ll stand up.

He swings an arm over my shoulder and we walk up the stairs to his room. We walk in and its huge. Justin and Christy plop down on his futon right as we walk in. John and JIllian grab a couple pillows and a blanket and lay down on the ground. Hayes, Nathan, Mark, and Andrew just kinda stand there. Caleb and Lizzie lay down the floor with a couple of sleeping bags.

"Madi you can sleep in my bed", Tommy says.

"Then where are you going to sleep", I say looking at the twin bed pushed in the corner.

"On the floor", he says. I shake my head.

"No. Its your bed. I'll sleep on the floor", I say. He shakes his head. I nod." Yeah I'll just sleep on the floor." By now Hayes and the boys have grabbed pillows and blankets and are finding their place on the floor.

"Nope", Tommy says picking me up. He plops me down on his bed and sits next to me. I lean my back against the wall and he sits next to me. I lean my head on his shoulder and he reaches up and turns off the light." So are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine", I say.

"You kicked some ass tonight", he says and I laugh lightly.

"I did, didn't I?"

Now its his turn to laugh. He smiles and I just close my eyes. He wraps an arm around me and I just slowly fall asleep.