Chapter 9

*Picture of Brianna*

Umm... Where does this go again?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm dragged in Angie's room and I sit in her swivel chair by her vanity desk while she plops on the bed.

I turned around looking at her various tools and powders. "What is all this."

"Makeup."

I gasp. "Oh my god. I haven't seen this kind of stuff in years!" I say excitedly while observing her makeup like it's ancient artifacts.

"You can use it if you want." She says laughing at my response.

I go through her stuff and I pick up a purple tube. I twist the top off and examine the tiny brush soaked in black ink. "Umm... Where does this go again?" I ask while attempting to apply it to my eyebrows.

Angie jumps up and takes it from me. "No no no. This is not for your eyebrows honey. Its for your eyelashes."

I cock my head to the side like a lost puppy.

"Let me help you." She smiles. "I'll give you a makeover."

I smile hesitantly. I don't know how I feel about this.

"Trust me it's going to be fun." She squeals.

She takes me into bathroom and sits me down on the stool. She puts my head back letting my long dark curly hair spill into the sink like a waterfall.

She took shampoo and conditioner and washed my hair. She uses the pads of her fingers to massage my scalp. I feel like I'm at a spa.

She de-tangles my hair and puts many oils in it. My hair tends to get really dry.

Then while she waits for it to dry she does my makeup. She puts on primer and foundation to hide all my imperfections. Then she puts on eye shadow that matches my skin tone and some eyeliner with little mascara.

She plucks my eyebrows (which hurts) and fills them in. Then she adds a touch of ChapStick on my lips

By the time she was done my makeup , my hair was more than half way dry. She uses a blow dryer to finish the job and then curls my hair.

When she's done she backs up and looks at me. "Voila." She smiles.

I turn around to the mirror to take a look. Oh my god. I gape at my image. Is that really me? I don't think I have ever looked so good.

She smiles at my reaction and she starts doing her own hair and makeup. When she's done she stands up satisfied and takes both of my hands into hers. "Let's go for a walk. Show off our beautiful faces. Maybe we can see a zombie or too. Enchant them with our looks and then kill them" she's says with a smile.

"Sounds good to me."

We open the door and see a huddle of guys in the living room chatting quietly about something. It seemed pretty important but you never know. They are guys. They could be talking about food for all we know.

At the sound of Angie's door closing they all turn they're heads. Once they see us their jaws drop and they just keep staring.

We stand there. Awkwardly. Being watched by 3 guys. Angie seems to soak in all the attention like a big wet mop. But I on the other hand hate it.  "So... We will be leaving."

Angie stands there in a pose.

None of the boys talk or even move for that matter.

"Okay... Byee." I try again.

Nothing.

I roll my eyes. I grab Angie's hand and walk out the door. Once we are away from the house she steps out of her trance.

"So where are we going?" I ask her.

"Shopping."