EIGHT- SCEPTER

^lets pretend she's in her suit okay

----

ARE YOU INSANE LIKE ME?

---

"Ready, Romanoff?"

"You can call me Natasha, you know," she said, stepping into the boxing ring.

"Nope. Romanoff it is."

She rolls her eyes. I guess she has some personality. "Anything but Angry Red."

The past four days I've been training the Clint, Romanoff and Cap on Kree fighting and war tactics. They're pretty fast learners, I'll give them that. But stubborn as hell. Tomorrow I'm going to retrieve the scepter, then take it to a secured location in another part of Africa. Two days leter the Kree will be here, yay.

We get into out fighting stances and circle each other for a bit. "Remember, Kree go directly for the kill. You gotta beat them to it," I say, lunging towards Romanoff and sweeping her legs. She falls and I place my hands on either side of her head to insinuate any other Kree would have snapped her neck. "Don't hesitate," I said helping her up. "Just go for the kill."

"Noted," she nods. "Again?"

I comply and we fight again a few times, she does better with practice. Once I'm satisfied with her performance, I send her out and Rogers takes her place. I ask him if he's ready and he nods apprehensively. "What is it?"

"It's... it's just against my morals to hit a woman."

I gotta admit this cracks me up a bit. "Well you better get used to it pal, half of the Kree warriors are female. Plus it's the 21st century, we're basically equals."

Steve sighs and gets into his fighting stance.

"Remember, don't waste any time, you'll regret it."

He does surprisingly good and I can tell he'll do well in the fight. Plus they'll be intimidated by his size, this guy is a giant. Not complaining though, more of him to stare at.

---

"Keaton, you know the plan?"

I sigh as Tony's asked me this question six times already. "Run in, grab the scepter, run out."

"Right. Any complications, tell us. You got the whole team on standby," he says, tossing me a black earpiece.

I nod, "Noted." I move to the door of the jet (which is still in mid air), do a toodle-loo wave before I jump off.

My feet impact with the ground, there's a little snow which is nice. I've always loved the cold.

"Alright Keaton, 400 meters ahead and you should see the base," Tony says through the earpiece. "Remember not to get distracted. We can't come any closer without being detected, you're on your own from here."

"Alright," I mumble. "Just stealing a glow stick from an international terrorist group. Literal Nazis. No biggie," I say to myself.

I start off towards the base, seeing it within a few seconds. The big grey building even looks menacing but that won't stop me.

"Closing in, going silent."

"Copy. Good luck." That takes me by surprise a bit because Tony actually says something nice.

I speed over to an entrance that doesn't have much protection and try to speed inside, but I'm stopped by some sort of invisible force field which knocks me on my ass.

"Shit," I groan. "That fucking hurt."

I run my hands over it looking for an opening. Is the stick controlling this? Or do they have another power source? I don't even want to think about that. Hydra is bad enough as it is.

Well shit. I only have one option left, and that's phasing. I speed myself up enough to pass through the barrier, and within a second I'm through. That was lucky.

Good thing for me, I'm basically the queen of stealth, so getting around quietly is no trouble. Something in the air feel weird, feels off, but I decide to ignore it.

Turning into a random room, I see a people who all have their guns trained on me immediately.

"Uh, hi." I speed up and walk over to each one of them, take their guns and toss them in a pile on the floor. It's like I'm surrounded by statues. The stick is being looked at by a few people, one of them has a bald head and monocle. Since I'm still in Zara-time, I walk up to the scepter and grab it.

Now I'm gonna get my ass out of here.

"Wait," comes a heavily accented voice from behind me. This sends a shiver down my spine because that guy just spoke. So he's either like me, or something has gone terribly terribly wrong.

I turn around and see a teenage looking but with brown hair. To put it frankly, he looks like actual shit. He's got bruises and cuts, and he's locked in a cell. His eyes don't look desperate- they look dead. 

I don't know what to say. I'm speechless.

"You are like me," he observes.

I swallow a lump in my throat and say, "bye bye," before getting out of there even faster. It's probably going cause some lightning bolts to go flying, but I don't know how fast this guy can go and if he'll want to fight.

Instantly I'm back at the Quinjet. I wipe the shocked look off my face before slowing down again.

"Damn, you actually did it?" Tony asks, him and Bruce taking the scepter from me. "That was fast."

"Tell me about it," I sigh, definitely not telling them about whoever the hell that was. "Now, to Africa."