Thomas opened he's notebook and started drawing now that Mr Matthews attention wasn't on him anymore.

"You're late to you're father's class." Mr Matthews informed her.

"Oh don't worry Mr Matthews, you wrote her a note." Maya told him

"I did?" Mr Matthews asked.

"You did." Maya said handing the note to Riley, Riley giving it to her father repeating what her best friend said.

"'Riley's late deal with it'," Mr Matthews read out loud,"oh you got my signature down pretty good this time."

"Oh it was easy, you write like a girl." Maya simply said sitting in her usual seat along with Riley.

"Okay let me get back to jamming some learning in your head." Mr Matthews told the class, "the civil war!"

"The civil bore!" Maya said.

"Thank you future mini-mart employee of the month." Mr Matthews told her.

"Would I be making more money than you?" Maya asked.

Mr Matthews paused, "the civil war! Anybody?"

"A war we fought against ourselves." Riley answered.

"What, you actually studied it?" Mr Matthews asked surprised.

"No, I'm actually living it!" Riley banged her head against her desk.

Farkle clapped he's hands, "people, people are we here to learn or not?"

"What do you mean Farkle?" Mr Matthews asked.

"I've been in love with Riley since the first grade," Thomas let out a snort at the boy's bluntness before continuing to draw, "but I'm also equally in love with Maya. Some might say the great mystery of the universe is who's gonna be the first Mrs Farkle."

Maya turned to look at me, "You don't want this."

"Bring it on." Farkle challenged. Maya turned back around and Riley looked at her, "I always thought he'd end up with back of the class Brenda."

They all turned around to look at her and she smiled and waved eagerly. Farkle turned back around and made a noise disgusted. Thomas rolled he's eyes and blocked out the class.

"Actually the great mystery of the universe is how you could love two women the same who couldn't possibly be more different." Mr Matthews said.

"We're not so different." Riley told her father.

Farkle rose he's hand, "may I overstep my bounds, sir?"

"You always do."

They switched places.

"Riley is the sun, warm and bright and lights up my whole day. Maya is the night, dark and mysterious." Farkle dramatically said, "the night has always been a mystery to me because I go to bed at 7:30. How could I love these two different woman could I not?! Thank you, I am Farkle!" And with that they switched back.

"So we were indeed trying to find out who we were as a people. Who am I? What should I be? History shows that bad things when you don't know who you are-" Mr Matthews stopped talking in surprise when he saw Thomas' hand rise which caused other people to look at him.