27) The Kids Aren't Alright

Dallon's POV

I slowly wake up and open my eyes. I look around the room to find my self alone. Looking at the time I realize I still have about an hour and a half before the show. I walk out into the hallway and scan up and down it. It's completely empty. I start to make my way towards Ryan's room.

I slowly open his door and find him scrolling through his phone. As I open the door he looks up from his phone and smiles at me.

"Hey." He cheerfully smiles.  "How are you feeling?"

"A bit better."  I give him a weak smile.  "I need your help with something."

I sit down and he looks slightly confused.  I take a deep breath before continuing. 

"I need you, Brendon and Pete all in the same room after the show."  I look down at my hands as I twiddle my thumbs.

"I could try to help you but I don't have Pete's phone number. Then there is Brendon and we aren't exactly what you would call friends at the moment."  He nervously says.

I sigh again.  I know things won't go over well if Ryan is in charge of making sure Brendon isn't wasted.  This means he has to make sure Pete gets here. 

"I'll take care of Brendon but please make sure Pete is here.  I know that you two don't need a phone to talk.  Please Ryan can you just get him here."  I plead.

"Sure Dalpal.  Why do you need everyone together anyway?" He asks curiously.

"I can't say." I mumble sadly.

"Is it about Patrick?  Is he okay?"  Ryan quickly questions me.

"I can't tell you what it's about just please make sure Pete is here.  I have to go talk to Brendon." The words stumble out of my mouth as I stumble out of my seat.

I quickly rush to the door to avoid any farther interrogation.  When I reach the hallway I take in a deep breath.  I shakily let it out and I try to regain focus.  I pry to god that Brendon is sober right now.  As I regain my cool I start my way down the hall to Bren's room.

I stop my self at his door.  It's crack open slightly and I can hear people talking.  I recognize one voice as Brendon but the other is unfamiliar.  It sounds like a woman's voice.  I try to listen to there conversation before I barge in.

"Mr. Urie have you hand any contact with Patrick Stump recently?"  The woman asks. 

"Uhm, n-no not really. It's b-been about a
m-month I guess."  Brendon sounds nervous.  I've never heard him stutter like that before.  It's definitely not a drunken stutter but one from fear.

"Are you aware of the situation you are in Mr. Urie?" Her voice is stern and lacks empathy.

"N-no, I d-don't understand.  Why are you here again?" I can hear the sadness in his voice this time.  It sounds as if he's on the edge of tears.

"I'll be back to talk with you again soon.  Good day Mr. Urie." There is the sound of wind and then silence falls across the room. 

It's dead silent for a few moments before I hear quiet cries.  My heart sinks.  I've seen Brendon cry before but this sounds different.  This sounds like pure pain and sadness. 

I peak through the crack in the door a see Brendon curled into a ball on the floor.  His back is facing me.  I silently push the door open enough to fit through and close it again.  I kneel down beside him and begin to rub his back.

He quickly shoots up and away from me. His face looks startled at scared at first then turns to confusion.

"Are you alright Bren?" I cautiously ask.

His expression instantly becomes dull and nearly lifeless.

"I'm fine." His voice is monotone and cold mimicking the woman's voice. He quickly wipes the remaining tears away from his eyes and stands up. "What do you want Dal?"

"Uhm..." I trail off. I almost completely forgot the reason I came here. "Are you sure your okay Bren?" I place my hand on his shoulder trying to comfort him.

He shoves my hand away "if you just came here to annoy me then just go away please."

"Sorry, I actually had to ask for a favor." I swiftly change the subject. "I need you to meet me, Ryan and Pete in my dressing room after the show."

"Why? What's going on?" He sounds concerned.

"I can't say but it's important. Please Bren, I need you there." I plead yet again.

"Fine." He huffs and reaches for a beer.

"And I need you completely sober." I add.

"What the fuck Dally!" He throws his arms in the air in frustration. "Do you also want me to move heaven and hell?"

"That would be nice." I laugh. "One night of not drinking won't kill you."

"You don't know that, it might kill me then I could actually move hell." He complains.

"I'll see you later Breadbin."

I walk out and head back towards my own room. I have to start getting ready for the show. As I walk one thing won't leave my mind, I have never seen Brendon that broken up over anything.

Sure I've seen him sad, especially while drunk but not like that. And who was that lady? What did she do to make Brendon cry like that? He seemed absolutely petrified of her. Who the fuck is that woman?