Chapter 32

Vincent's P.O.V

Last night was the best sleep I had in a very long time, but when I opened my eyes in the morning, an empty and cold bed welcomed me, making me sit up straight, and frantically look around for her.

I went to the bathroom and saw that the shower wall is still foggy and wet, so she probably took a shower and headed downstairs.

Reaching the bottom of the stairs, Rose's laughter filled my ears, sounding like a melody, sounding so calming and soothing.

I proceeded towards the kitchen and saw her sitting at one stool talking with Margaret and Kate with an enormous smile on her face, making my heart flutter with warmth and happiness.

Without thinking twice, I walked up to her and hugged her tiny waist from behind, making her jump.

Nuzzling my face in her neck smelling her sweet perfume when Kate interrupted us making rose pull away from my arms.

Giving me a plate full of pancakes, I can't help but smile at her. When the door bursts opened, making rose jump again in her seat and Margaret gasped. But I, on the other hand, can't help but sigh since I know all too well who it is as no one opens doors like that except Marco and my mother.

I know it's not Marco as that guy never wakes up at this time, it's still too early, which means it's my mother.

News travels so fast when you're in the mafia. I planned to visit them in Italy with Rose, but it looks like it's not needed anymore.

Standing up from my seat, I went towards the drawing-room and there stood my parents with a gigantic smile on their faces, it's pretty clear that they're happy and seeing my mother genuinely happy after so many years voluntarily brought a smile on my face.

"Looks like you guys already know what happened," I stated as I approached them with a grin on my face

"Of course. What did you think, you'll get married and we will not know about it?" My father answered as he pulled me into a hug, while mom kept on gushing how happy she is and how excited to meet my wife.

I'm confident that they'll love her.

After meeting Rose, both my parents won't stop smiling and Rose is feeling comfortable around them.

Climbing the stairs down after showing my parents the guest room, I saw Rose waiting for me at the bottom. Approaching her, I took her hand and pulled her closer. And from looking at her face, I already know she wants to tell me something, but she's hesitating.

"Are you going to work now?" She asked while pushing away from my chest gently, making me frowned at her, thinking why on earth is she behaving in this way.

"Yeah, I am. Why?" I questioned her, pulling her close again and this time I'm not letting her go.

After persuading her to tell me what she wanted to talk about.

I guided her towards my study and closed the door, wanting privacy with her as my mother could be spying on us right now taking pictures.

Taking her chilly hand into mine, I glanced down at her face as I wait for her to talk.

"I don't want to pretend, Vincent" she stated, making me look at her, thinking what she meant to say.

"What are you talking about? And why the hell on earth would you pretend" I questioned her, trying not to show any sign of anger as I don't want to scare her.

"I don't know what I'm talking about Vincent, I'm sorry" she quickly answered but I know all too well what she meant, she thinks I'm pretending, I have been giving her signs that I really want her and I'm ready to make this marriage work.

But it looks like she didn't understand what I'm trying to do.

I can't help but feel hurt upon hearing her, but it's fine, I would be alright. I'll fight for her until she realizes that I'm not pretending and really love her.

"I know all too well what you mean, Venessa. So let me tell you, I'm not pretending, I mean every single word I said to you," I said while stepping close to place a kiss on her cheeks.

I quickly pulled away as I feel so tempted to kiss her lips to prove that I'm actually telling the truth but I can't do that, I have to respect her decisions.

I exited the study hastily, not wanting to show emotions anymore. Climbing my car, I drove towards my office.

Reaching the building, I went straight to the elevator, ignoring the greetings from my employees as I tried not to shout at them for no reason.

Pulling my office door open, Alex sitting at the table greeted my eyes. I strode inside, wanting to get over with this day already.

Sitting at my chair, Alex looked at me questioning but I'm not answering him.

"Any news on the Russians?" I questioned him while looking at the large window on my left.

"They already know about her and your marriage" he answered, sitting in front of me. I looked at him, interested to hear the rest.

"They want to make a deal with you" he added. "What is this deal about?" I questioned.

"Well, the leader said that he doesn't want to make things more difficult for both parties, so in order to avoid a war, he agrees he let Venessa live peacefully with you but only if you pay him her parents' debt double the amount" he explained, waiting to see my reaction.

"And how can I be sure that he would stick into his words?" I questioned Alex while thinking if I could trust the Russians. I don't mind paying them the doubled amount, but what bothers me is what if it's a trap?.

"Think over it, Vincent. He's not a fool to mess with you. We just attacked them a few months ago and things went terribly for him and his mafia. He won't risk it again,". Alex says reasoning with me.

"Ok then, inform him that we'll meet up with them tonight with the money. I want to get over it as soon as possible," I said while opening my laptop, going through my emails.