Chapter 30

Venessa's P.O.V

I woke up by the sun hitting me directly in my eyes, making a groan escaped from my lips as I squinted my eyes together trying to block it when I suddenly heard soft snoring at my right side.

I snapped my head towards the sound and saw Vincent sleeping peacefully on his stomach with his arms lazily draped at my waist. I took my time admiring him.

How hair is not gelled back like usual but messy. His perfect lips are slightly open with light soft snoring coming out from it.

I reached out, too tempted to touch his face, as I caressed his high cheekbone down to his jaw. I quickly pulled my hand, not wanting to wake him up as he went to bed pretty late last night.

Removing his arm gently that's in my waist, I paddled towards the bathroom to start my day. It's only 7 in the morning. I don't normally wake at this time, but I did today, and it's quite surprising as I'm not a morning person at all.

After showering, I head downstairs to go to the kitchen to make some breakfast. Entering the kitchen, I noticed that Margaret was already there flipping pancakes, while a girl with blonde hair around my age is sitting at the stool watching Margaret.

Making my presence known, Margaret came over to me and hugged me too tight. "Good morning to you too, Margaret" I greeted her, smiling when she pulled away.

"Hi, I'm Kate," the girl said, hugging me. I looked at Margaret confused, but I returned her hug, anyway.

" I'm Venessa, nice to meet you," I greeted back, shyly.

"She's my daughter" Margaret stated, going back to the stove, and that's when I noticed that she got blue eyes like Margaret and she looks exactly like her but, except for the blonde hair.

After some time, Kate and I clicked off instantly. She's a bubbly girl who surely loves talking. And as much I will love having her around, I can't. She told me she rarely comes here with Margaret to help her. Margaret told me that she comes here only twice a week to clean around. Which means I would be here spending most of the time alone.

Talking animatedly with Margaret and Kate, I didn't realize that someone joined us until I felt arms snake in my tiny waist, making me jump in surprise as I didn't expect it, but smelling his cologne I immediately recognized who it was.

" Good morning, love" he greeted, nuzzling his face in my neck while I couldn't help but blush at his sweet gesture.

"Aww, you guys are really sweet" exclaimed Kate putting her hands on her mouth making me quickly push his hands away, feeling embarrassed.

I turned on my stool to look at Vincent and see that he was already in his suit. He looks so different when he is in a normal suit; he looks intimidating and cold while inside the bedroom door he looks more approachable and warm, something he's not right now.

"Come eat your breakfast," I told him while putting pancakes on the plate. He looks at me as if he couldn't believe what he was seeing. I arched my eyebrow at him in question, making him shake his head.

Eating his pancakes, Kate started to blabber again, when the front door burst open, making me jump once again as my heartbeat quickened and Margaret to gasp. But, Vincent seems to be unaffected.

"Don't worry" Vincent says while getting up from his stool to check who it was. While we stayed in the kitchen, for some reason my heart started to beat hard against my chest and my palms to sweat.

As if noticing my discomfort, Kate put her hand on top of mine, "Don't worry, it must be one of Vincent's men. No one passes the guards in front of the gates unscratch." She assured, calming me slightly.

A moment later, soon, the drawing-room was filled with sounds of laughing and talking. I frowned thinking who it might be, and just as I was about to go back to our bedroom, the sound of footsteps approaching the kitchen made me halt.

Turning around, I saw Vincent with a huge smile on his face with a lady on his arm, and a man following closely looking exactly like Vincent. Just a single glance at them you would get it easily, but I fail to believe it.

Vincent said they're in Italy and we would be visiting them, but still, I could be wrong. Maybe they're not his parents. God, I'm not prepared at all.

"Rose, meet my parents," Vincent exclaimed, making me want to run away upstairs and change into something more presentable as I suddenly felt insecure in my knee-length summer dress.

I walked awkwardly towards them, "Hello, my name's Venessa" I introduced myself while standing close to Vincent, too afraid, as hundreds of thoughts swam inside my head, making me want to go and hide in the corner.

"Ohh, come on don't be shy," answered the lady pulling me toward her and hugging me close to her body. These people are huggers.

"I'm Lisa, but you can call me mom" she added while giggling like a high school girl. She looks so much younger than she must be.

"I'm Nicholas, my dear," says the man wearing a suit like Vincent, also pulling me for a hug. A smile formed on my face, by thinking how lucky Vincent is to have parents like them. They look so kind and warm.

"Nice to meet you" I answered, looking at them, smiling when Vincent pulled me towards him by my waist, "you look beautiful," he whispered as he pulled me close.

How can I look beautiful, when I don't even have any makeup on and my hair is all over the place? I questioned myself.

"Aww, you guys are so sweet" gushed his mother, putting her hand on her chest as if she can't believe it. I stepped away to create some distance between us, feeling my cheeks heat in embarrassment.

Not a good impression at all, Venessa. Says inner Venessa stomping her foot.

I looked up at Vincent who's smiling down at me tenderly as I ask myself, whether it's actually true or just a dream that I'm married to this guy. I smiled back at him, ignoring the thought that bothers me a lot.

What if it's just a pretense? What if he doesn't really mean what he says?

_________
Lemme know what you think of this chapter.

Until then.