Chapter 56

Venessa's pov.

Ignoring my cries and pleads, Vincent headed out of the room, with his grey eyes that while ago held warmth and love gone replaced cruelty and coldness and mostly a determination to kill. I know he's going to hunt them down and make them beg for death but do they deserve it?.

Hugging my knees closer to my chest, I stare out of the window feeling exhausted but my eyes are refusing to get some sleep without having Vincent by my side. Drop of tears fell into my cheeks. I started crying like a complete psycho for crying without no reason and the moment I realised I don't really have no reason to cry, I started laughing loudly wiping my wet cheeks while shaking my head. I'm going crazy. Why on earth am I feeling so emotional these days?.

Laying down at my back, I closed my eyes willing myself not to give in. I don't want to sleep yet. I want to wait for him to come home but it seems impossible. I'm too tired. So I did what I thought was the best I succumbed to sleep.

My body jolted straight up from my position feeling a great wave of nausea hitting me. I bolted straight to the bathroom towards the toilet where I dropped into my knees, with my hair covering the sides of my face as I threw out all of my stomach contents.

I felt a bead of sweat dripping down to my forehead as I continued dry heaving making it hard for me to breathe normally as my stomach is completely empty. What is wrong with me?. I thought to myself wiping my mouth with the back of my hand sitting down on the floor trying to catch my breathing.

I stood up feeling my knees shaking slightly. Reaching towards the sink, I brushed my teeth and washed my face gripping the edges of the sink hard until my knuckles turned white. Oh god, please tell me I'm not. Please. I chanted repeatedly inside my head trying to convince myself that maybe I threw up because of something I ate but deep down inside I know the reason why but I'm too scared to admit it. What if Vincent does not want it?, will he leave me? Am I ready?. Questions ran inside my head making me dizzy.

Stop over thinking, Venessa. How can you be so sure that you're pregnant? Don't get your hopes too high. I tried to assure myself but inner Venessa won't stop rolling her eyes that clearly says that I'm just fooling myself. But the first time we did it, did we used?...

Walking back to the room, I laid in the bed taking my phone checking the time that shows it's two in the morning and Vincent is still not home.

Snuggling into the comforter, I closed my eyes once again making sure to put a mental reminder to tell one of the maid to buy me a pregnancy test the first thing in the morning. I have to be sure or else I won't be at peace.

#####

My eyes fluttered open as a rough hand caress my bare stomach that is visible due to the over large tee shirt I'm wearing that rode up. Butterflies inside my stomach started to flap their wings widely making it impossible for me to calm my cheeks and ears that are heating up like crazy.

"Good morning, my love." He whispered in my ears making my body turn towards him with a smile on my face.

"Good morning, when did you come home?" I questioned, watching his smile drop from his face.

"Pretty late." He answered, getting up and stretching his body showing off his perfectly tone abs making me swoon.

"I'll make some breakfast" he said going to the bathroom to freshen up leaving me alone with my own thoughts.

I have to take a test.

Following the good aroma of the food that Vincent's making, my stomach growl in process making me smile to myself as I didn't even have dinner last night. I'm starving.

"Take a seat, love" Vincent said as he flipped pancakes as he noticed my presence. Shooting him a smile, I stared at the young maid standing at the corner waiting for an order.

I signaled her to follow me which she obeyed immediately.

Taking her hand into mine, I pulled her into a corner ignoring her terrified look.

"Something wrong, madam?" She questioned looking down at her knotted fingers while I shook my head no smiling widely at her causing her to look at me questioning.

"Can you do me a favour, please" I begged desperately.

"Yes, of course, madam. What is it that I can do for you?" She asked politely, making me smile even wider.

"Can you please go to the store and buy me a pregnancy kit?" I asked her,watching her head snap up to me.

"Are you... I mean. Ok, sure madam." She stuttered, with a genuine smile on her face.

"Congratulations, madam," she greeted, making me shake my head no.

"No, I'm still not sure if I am actually pregnant, you know." I replied anxiously, afraid just by thinking what if I'm wrong.

"I'm sure you are. You're glowing" she gushed, taking her leave making me think if Vincent is ready cause I'm hella ready.

______
What do u guys think of this chapter, make sure to let me know. Plus the book is nearing it's end :) so stay tune for last few chapters.

Until then...