Volume 01 Chapter 08

Now what?

She observe the people in front of her and she noticed that there are 3 new faces. Niko noticed her gaze as he began to introduced her to the group.

The male lead's name is Lance Lee, sitting cozily with the female lead Ashley. Next to him is his twin cousins Sisi and Xixi. George and the new guy Leonard are sitting after the twins and Trixie and Lily are sitting in Niko's right.

Lily is the one who's giving her dirty looks. Her gaze look as if blaming her for Niko's one-sided attention. Selena felt wronged and she really wants to tell the girl that she is innocent.

"Now, we're done introducing ourselves, let's order our drinks!"

Niko called the waiter. And after a while, the table was filled with alcoholic drinks.

The group starts to call shots. She was also given alcohol but she declined it by saying she is not feeling well. The group booed while Lily snickered and mocked her for being spoiled. But she held her stance and Niko give in by ordering her some banana smoothie.

Selena was ignored by the group. She does not mind it and drink her own smoothie. Niko was as talkative as ever as he keep talking to her. She entertained him by one or two sentence until she became annoyed by his endless chatter.

Her drink was already empty. As she was about to stand up, Lily gave her another drink, a tempting pink colored drink. Selena glance at her.

What's this lady planning?

As she suspiciously stared at the girl, the girl smiled innocently.

"I ordered you something new."

"Oh, is this my brother's new creation? Just try it, Selena."

Niko urge her. His face has a shade of red, a sign that the alcohol is starting to kick in.

Selena didn't drink it at first and only take a small sip.

She didn't noticed that she already drank it in half while some of her companions started to dance below.

After a while, Selena felt herself became lightheaded. She ignored it and finished her drink.

Selena felt the world spinning. She excuse herself by going to the washroom but her plan is to go home. As she was on her way to the exit, there was a business attired men making their way to the third floor. She ignored them and keep walking while swaying to pass them but a hand stopped her and pulled her.

"What is a pregnant woman like yourself doing here and are you drunk?"

Selena heard a familiar and alluring cold voice. While she was at lost, a masculine scent assaulted her nose. She was plastered in a strong body while she felt the man sniffing her.

She didn't move away.

While her cheeks is in the broad chest, a wave of sleepiness assaulted her senses.

The man hugged her as her body began to slip. He picked her up and Selena wound her arms around his neck while placed her head on his left shoulder.

The man supported her weight and after she was comfortable with her current position, he began to move to the exit.

"Sir, the meeting..."

One of the men stopped him after they get out from their shock.

"Postpone it."

"But sir..."

The man ignored him and continued to walk away.

What a nice place.

That's Selena's first thought. The second thought is.

Where the heck am I?!

Selena checked her clothes first and she panicked as she noticed that someone changed her clothes.

What the hell happened yesterday?!

She was sure she was only drinking smoothie yesterday. She didn't even touch an alcohol!

"You're awake."

A deep and alluring cold voice broke her reverie. She raised her eyes and saw a handsome figure leaning in the door. His hands was in his pockets as he stared coldly at her.

She stared at him blankly as he approach her. She felt the bed sunk as the man sat beside her legs.

Silence filled between them.

"You brought me to your home?"

Selena hesitantly asked. She remembered a man picking her up. She didn't know that man was Xavier.

"Had you became an idiot after not seeing each other, Miss Maxwell? What are you doing in the club? Don't you know your own situation?"

The man is still expressionless but his eyes sharpened as he looked at her.

"You're even drunk. Are you still aware of the child you've been carrying?! What will you do if something bad happened to it?"

His voice didn't raise up but his words became sharper as he spoke.

In the whole time while he's talking, Selena's head was down. She is gripping the blanket.

"You will be staying here from now on as to prevent you from doing reckless. The child will be with me after it born."

Selena quickly raised her head after hearing the last sentence. She stared at him with shock and fear.

"No! You can't take my child away from me!"

She hugged her stomach and back away from him.

"Do you think you could stop me."

She froze.

Of course, she knew. She had no power to stop the man in front of her. This alluring man's identity is no joke.

Even so, she's not willing. She is not resigned to see her child being snatched away in front of her.

No way!