[ 31 ]

You never knew that Alastor had a basement.

That is, until today.

Alastor didn't let you come with him when he put Lucifer's body down there, and you didn't mind. He probably had plenty of other dead bodies down there that you had no interest in seeing, although he described it as nothing more than, "A musty room with laundry units and whatnot."

After the body was safely locked away, the two of you were too tired to talk about anything. The events of the day were really starting to hit you in bittersweet waves, so you didn't want to do anything but sleep.

You slept in Alastor's bedroom, and all throughout the night, you spooned like two of the cutest demons in love.

"What do you want to eat for lunch?"

"Nothing. I'm not hungry."

Alastor pulled you closer. "Are you sure, sweetheart? I thought you were always hungry," he stated curiously. Even though it was a quarter past noon, you were still in bed, snuggled together like separating would be the death of you.

It was nice to have someone like this again. Back in the real world, you had Nate, who was there for you through almost everything, but after the incident, he drifted away. Then, once you died, you really did have nobody.

But now you did have somebody. You had Alastor, who would spoon you until you melted, who was willing to protect you with his life, who would make you delicious meals even though he would never eat any of them.

"Yeah, I'm sure. I lost my appetite last night and I don't think I'll ever get it back," you said with a small laugh. "Are you hungry?"

"A bit."

You rolled over so you could look into his eyes. They were bright and red—just like always. You loved those eyes. Placing one palm on his cheek, you said, "You can go... y'know, eat. If you want to."

"It can wait."

"No, it can't. Go eat. Or hunt. Whatever you call it."

"I don't want to leave you alone."

You paused, doodling little circles on Alastor's cheek with your thumb. "Then I'll come with you."

"Believe me, you don't want to."

"Well, what are you going to do then? Never eat?" you argued, frowning. "You don't want to leave me alone, and you don't want me to come with you."

Now it was Alastor's turn to pause. He sighed lightly, his chest expanding against yours. "I don't know. I suppose you could come with me." He then narrowed his gaze, a sideways smile tugging up the corners of his lips. "But you can't watch."

"Sounds like a plan to me," you grinned, pinching his cheek a bit. He winced. "Oh, sorry."

"It's okay, my love. I've been through worse pain, especially if you consider being stabbed in the stomach more painful than a little pinch."

You giggled, than leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on his lips. As he kissed back, the familiar twinge of lightning shot up your body in response to the romantic energy of the action.