Seven Minutes in Heaven

Start from the beginning

He kept to himself in a corner, buried in his jacket and patiently waited for the event to begin.

Soon enough, two obviously older boys took centre in the room, introducing themselves as Jaehyun and Johnny. They cheered for the event to begin.

The cramped room erupted in cheers, jeers and screams. The already dull lights dimmed even more. The atmosphere became calmer, more relaxed, but an expectant and excited energy still buzzed.

The clouded feeling in Hyuck's head returned and he soon found himself zoning out everything outside of his own mind.

He was snapped out by the calling of his name and another's, followed by a loud screech like sound erupting in the silence. He didn't hear the name of his partner. He assumed his partner made the noise though, walking towards the closed closet door without even looking back.

He had no idea how long he'd been zoned out for. He doesn't know if he was close to first names called or if he was absolutely at the end, but maybe that didn't even matter right now.

"You have seven minutes together, obviously." The older of the two hosts said, winking at Donghyuck.

Donghyuck heard the jingle of the key bunch as it locked the door behind the two. He took a deep breath, attempting to disguise his nervous breathing, his pulsating heart, his probably painstakingly obvious innocence and lack of experience when it came to things like this.

"Hey." He said into the darkness of the extremely compact space, facing away from the other person. His voice was quiet, but still masked his actual feelings, sounding almost confident.

The other voice stuttered in response. "I-I was kin- of expecting a girl...." He trailed off, embarrassed. His shaking hand reached out to pathetically turn the other boy to face him.

"A girl? Oh?" Donghyuck was taken a back, greatly affected actually. "It's fine." He tried to put off the rejection that he didn't even know if it was genuine; if the other kid actually wanted a girl or he just wasn't attracted to him. "I'll just stand here then..." He leans unto the wall, wishing for it to swallow him up in that instant.

"No..o. It's fine, we can just talk about stuff." The boy mentally cursed himself for making things so awkward.

"About what?" Donghyuck questioned.

"Well- first- I think....we need to find the light for this place." They both began reaching hands to search for it, to occupy the time and silence that existed between them. Anything to virtually lessen the time.

Donghyuck felt his eyes adjust to the brighter environment. He turned to face the other teenager after looking around, face palming himself as soon as his eyes fell to his.

Why did the boy have to be cute?

"W-what?" The boy questioned hurriedly, thinking he had done something wrong to be on the receiving end of such a long, and almost resentful stare.

"You're cute." Donghyuck replied, muffling his words in his palms. But, by the boy's reaction when he let his head fall, it was obvious he heard anyway. The boy's cheeks were progressively deepening into a pink tint. He cleared his throat aggressively at the seemingly flirtatious comment.

Donghyuck's confidence spiked slightly at the boy's unexpected reaction. Maybe he was into boys after all.....and for some reason, still expected a girl???? He tried to work out the boy's words in his head -he was never good at that school thing.

"What's your name, cutie? I'm Donghyuck." Donghyuck tried again, receiving a similar reaction to the first.

"M-Mark." He stuttered out, Donghyuck smiled.

"You can stop shaking, you know? I won't try anything without asking." Donghyuck observed as Mark's hand still shook even though he vigorously tried to shake his nerves out of them.

Donghyuck made himself comfortable, sliding to the ground. Then, motioning for Mark to do the same.

As they both settled, Hyuck asked, "So tell me things about yourself, Mark. Why are you here?"

"Well, my friend forced me." He was honest in his reply, sending an apologetic eye to Donghyuck. He received it well.

"Well, I forced myself to be here. I just wanted to experience the hype or to be able to kiss someone, I guess."

"Sorry that I'm ruining that for you. I'm probably wasting all our time." Mark apologized out loud this time.

"I want to say it's fine, but it's not. I won't have this chance again. No boys like me." He tried to laugh at his own words, but they were a bit too real.

...

Mark definitely related to the Donghyuck's words. He knew no one in his school that had ever shown the slightest interest in him. He, himself, has had thousands of crushes, but never the guts to confess or even talk to them. With these thoughts in mind, he determined that this would either be his last chance or his last in a long time. Hence, he spoke up into the silence. "Let's do this right."

His hands warm, clammy and still shaking rose to cup Donghyuck's cheeks. He felt the boy freeze at his touch, he watched the boy's eyes avert his own, jumping around the room in haste. He chuckled, then brought his seated body closer to the other boy.

"Neither of us will probably get this opportunity again for now, so let's make use of it." Mark reasoned, looking Donghyuck in the eyes. They were captivating, he almost got lost in their innocence.

Slowly, mainly because of understandable hesitance, they moved towards each other. As he neared Hyuck, he felt his hot breath fall back onto him, warming the mood.

...

Their lips touched. Donghyuck melted into the touch of the older boy. Their eyes fluttered to a close, both holding a faint memory of the boy that they just kissed.

Mark's gentle hold on Hyuck's face became more stern, more protective, maybe a bit intimate. They both stretched to lean into the rapidly progressing kiss.

Soon enough, their heavy breathing was the only sound echoing off the walls.

Donghyuck was not able to feel his inexperience, as Mark led the kiss well. Their tongues mingled well with the occasional bite or draw of Donghyuck's bottom lip. He wondered where the nerves had gone and where he had learned all these techniques. Hyuck had nothing to compare it to at the moment, but he figured that this would be his best kiss for a while.

They separated, breathless. "I don't know why you were so nervous. You're too good at this." Donghyuck's chest rose and fall rapidly, too out of tune to lessen his breath intake, before drawing the boy's lips back to his.

They had lost too much time already. They had no more to waste.

Out of the seven, they only had about two or three minutes of kissing.

But, even if it was short, it was definitely heaven.

Date: August 16 2019