Max also seemed to be too caught off guard to respond so we waited for them to explain themselves.

"Oh come on, you think I wouldn't have known." My mom laughed.

"How?" Wow Alexa you're actually saying something now. Progress.

"Well," she picked up her glass of wine, taking a sip whilst looking at Matt. "Matt's mother is a werewolf, this doesn't make him a werewolf but he inherited some traits. This means that about a month or so ago he warned me about my daughter walking around smelling like a particular werewolf."

I looked at her in disbelief. And here I thought I hid things pretty well.

Seeing that we weren't saying anything, my mom continued.

"At first we were worried, hence the bracelet we gave you. Well let's just say I can see why you're not wearing it anymore." My mom laughed whilst Matt gave her hand a light squeeze.

"So like..there's no problem?" I spoke, baffled.

"Of course not, why would there be?" My mom smiled. "It's nice to meet you Max."

"Same here." He smiled back, that was the first he spoke all evening. Probably shocked at how much parents could know without telling you.

"Do you need a lift back?" Matt offered.

"Uh it's okay thanks." Max stood up, noticing how late it got.

"No it's okay, you come with me." Matt put a hand on Max's hand, guiding him outside.

"Oh God Matt please don't talk his ear off!" I called out after them.

My mom laughed whilst I shook my head in disapproval.

"My daughter is all grown up, I knew this day would come." She smiled, wiping fake tears off of her cheeks.

"Mom!" I shook my head again, a small smile tugging at my lips. I made my way over to her, pulling her into a hug.

"I love you honey." She tightened her grip around me.

"I love you too."

~~~~~

"You've got your eyes closed right?" A person's voice whispered in my ear.

"How could I have them open, you've literally got your hands on my eyes." I replied sarcastically.

Max was stood behind me, after asking me to put on a dress he had guided me into a room (I'm guessing) whilst keeping my eyes closed.

"Okay." He breathed out. "Open them."

At first I was confused whilst opening them and blinking a couple of times to adjust to the bright setting. However in a matter of seconds loud cheers erupted whilst screaming "Happy Birthday!!" at me.

My mouth hung open as I stared at the familiar faces around me.

"You guys.." I trailed off, tears pricking at my eyes.

"I know, I know. We're great what can I say." Cathy walked up to me from behind the huge 'Happy Birthday' sign. She was grinning from ear to ear and failing miserably at appearing to be arrogant.

Before she could pull me into a hug she grabbed her head in pain after being smacked on the head by her brother.

"Ow Will! What was that for?" She turned to the grinning boy beside her.

"Don't take credit for this. It was Max's idea." He motioned to the person stood beside me who hadn't left my side since entering the room.

I turned to look at him, raising an eyebrow. "I didn't take you for the type to throw birthday parties." I chuckled sarcastically.