Chapter 19

Alexa's PoV

"Good morning honey, merry Christmas!" My mom cooed as I padded down the stairs.

"Merry Christmas." I gave her a tight hug.

I went to the mall last weekend with Cathy, so I brought some presents for everyone. Nothing I couldn't afford but hopefully they would like it.

Everyone was waiting for me to start opening presents and even Lily was up early her eyes admiring the presents in front of the Christmas tree.

"Merry Christmas!" She exclaimed as I returned the same smile. Wishing her and Matt a merry Christmas.

My mom kindly handed me a cup of hot chocolate that apparently had been waiting for me as we sat down around the tree. When Lily finally had the green light to start opening presents she bounced around gleefuly as she picked the largest one to open first. Her presents included two bows because she obviously never had enough and a small, kid's camera because the girl had a passion for nature and animals, so they thought she would enjoy capturing the moment.

Nervously, I watched with anticipation as she opened my present or should I say 'Santa's gift' and finally relaxed when her face lit up. I noticed that the girl loved her one plush toy so I bought her a small penguin toy that I stumbled across accidentally but found adorable since it was so fluffy. My heart warmed when she hugged it close to her chest. Giving a gift that was happily received was truly one of the best feelings in the world.

Matt really enjoyed his coffee and since I wasn't sure what to get I thought I would be safe with a mug that had one of his favourite music groups on it. He seemed to like it at least.

For my mom I thought I would get her her favourite book because she shouldn't have to read it online so it was easier to carry it around everywhere. She was happy because she hadn't read it in ages and even nearly forgot about it because of how busy she was.

I wasn't expecting much since I was just happy to finally spend some family time but I still got handed a small box. Opening it revealed a thin silver bracelet with small flowers twirling around it. It was beautiful. "Thank you." I gratefully thanked them for it, it probably cost a lot.

"Your welcome." They smiled at me, looking relieved.

I put the bracelet around my wrist as I admired it's design and how it shone in light.

My mother always loved cooking when she had time so for once she had prepared a huge meal because it was Christmas and we were all eating together. We sat around the table as she set all the plates down. Lily found it funny how my stomach wouldn't stop rumbling as all the food mom had prepared looked delicious and I couldn't wait for her to sit down so we could start eating.

We hadn't spent much time as a whole family because I was so busy with... Finding out that I had a mate who so happened to be a werewolf, although they didn't know that. I guess Matt thought it would be a good idea to catch up on things because he started asking questions whilst we ate.

"How's school going?" He spoke up in between bites.

"Good."

"You getting along well with people?" He tried again.

"Yeah." Surprisingly.

"Have you gotten yourself a boyfriend yet?" He asked cautiously.

I started choking on my food. Smooth. I should have seen that one coming.

"No." I tried to reply calmly as though the question didn't affect me.

Matt looked at my mom as they exchange a look.