Chapter 25

It was morning, the light shone through the icy window signalling that we had to get up. After last night, we didn't really say anything, not that I knew what to say. My mind was still trying to wrap itself around the situation. He had kissed me, Isaac knew and we had to go back to the chalet now that the storm had died down. What if he didn't let us back inside? What if he kicked Max out of the pack? I couldn't help but worry about him.

"Hey." He spoke up, his voice husky as he just woke up. He rubbed his eye as he was sleepy and his shirt lifted enough to reveal his abs.

I blushed looking away. "Hi."

"Are you ready to go join the others?"

Nope.

"Yeah. We should probably get going." I agreed as my stomach started rumbling.
Great. He definitely heard that.

We put our coats on, making our way outside the shack.

I looked back one last time, at the place that I would remember for a good reason.

~~~~~

Finally walking through the door, I was tackled by Cathy into a hug. "What happened, I heard you went to town and couldn't come back because of the storm as buses weren't working?"

"Oh yeah. Right, I'm okay." I nodded in reassurance. Memorizing the excuse the guys had obviously come up with.

"Max! Are you okay?" Shae and Ellie came in from the living room when they heard noise.

"Yeah." He said nonchalantly.

"Oh my God you have to try the cookies I baked! I was bored, don't judge me." Cathy said, tugging on my arm.

I looked at Max, not wanting to leave his side. It's like the bond grew even stronger after the kiss... Making me want to stay by his side every second of the day.

I was pulled away into the kitchen when Isaac saw me walking past. His expression remained the same, like he didn't see me.

Cathy sat on the table, like she didn't know what chairs were for, and started kicking her legs whilst munching on a cookie.

"Try one. They're so good!" Her face scrunched up as she was speaking with her cheeks full of cookies.

I picked one up popping it into my mouth. The flavor invaded my mouth.

"Delicious!" I exclaimed.

"Told you! I should become a chef." She started laughing happily as she chewed probably like her fifth cookie.

"Yeah-" I was about to joke about how she would be the best chef in town, when I felt something in me twist with discomfort. I suddenly felt nervous, angry and fearful.

That's when I realized that mates could feel each other's emotions, and if those weren't mine then something was wrong with Max.

"Hey, I need to go to the bathroom. I'll be back in a bit."

Cathy nodded cheerfully, looking too content with her cookies to notice my alarm.

I walked down the hallway, to the farthest part in the house, the study where Max had taken me the time I woke up from the nightmare.

After telling him about them, I managed to sleep easily, not waking up with horror or fear and actually getting enough sleep. I was thankful for my nightmares going away.

I never noticed how secluded the study was, people could talk in there and no one would notice that they were there.

Approaching the door, I could hear faint voices coming from inside. My stomach churned in nerves and worry at what might be going on inside. I hoped Max was okay but I stood outside the door wondering whether I should interrupt or if that would make things worse.