Part 46

Taehyung knows IU's music. Almost everyone in South Korea knows her music. She has good songs, but Taehyung would never consider himself a fan of hers, which doesn't explain why he's so nervous to attend tonight's concert. He's been restlessly pacing around the small room all morning already, until Namjoon picked him up to bring him to dance practice. Now that the showcase is over, there's no more need for just the six of them to practice, which means that Taehyung is a permanent fixture in the constellation of the band again.

It's a relief. As dumb as it sounds, at the back of his mind there had been a constant nagging voice that had taunted him about Bang PD realizing that a six-member group would be much more efficient. So when Namjoon knocked on the door with a bright smile, the stress and bags under his eyes he had been carrying around with him over the past few days finally gone, and announced that he's Taehyung's escort to dance practice today, Taehyung had been so happy that he went in for a hug. Namjoon had been surprised as he's not one of the more physically affectionate members and neither is Taehyung, but was quick to hug him back and squeeze tightly.

"Someone's in a good mood today," the leader casually mentions as they walk down the hallway after Namjoon made sure that it's empty.

"I'm just really happy to be able to regularly practice with you guys again!"

"And about going to the concert, I assume?"

Taehyung blushes and shrugs.

"Is everything organized? You and Kook-ah are meeting at the venue, right?"

"Yeah, we'll arrive and leave separately."

Namjoon nods. "Good. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun together!"

They arrive at the practice room before Taehyung can answer and the topic gets dropped as the rest of the members greet Taehyung enthusiastically. The tension that had been lingering in the air around them is dissolved, at least for now. Everyone is in high spirits, and everyone is willing to practice hard, as they're learning the choreography for what will be their concept trailer. And it's intense. At one point Taehyung even does a backwards roll over Jimin's back, and each time Taehyung's heart does a spin as well with nerves in fear of that move going wrong and one of them getting hurt. It never does, but Taehyung's back already hurts after half an hour of practicing only doing that particular move over and over again. Jimin's back can't feel much better.

BTS has never been a group of slackers, Taehyung had been made aware of that from the very moment he joined them. He's never met a group of people as hardworking as these six other individuals, never met people so willing to improve themselves and their skills. It's inspiring to be a part of a group like that. They've always been hard workers, but now that the pressure is temporarily gone, they go even harder.

And Jungkook is glowing today. He's giving two-hundred percent, his tongue sticking out in concentration as he's going through the moves, and his nose scrunching up as he displays his widest smile when their choreographer compliments him on his outstanding performance.

There's teasing and bickering when someone takes a wrong step, but it's more light-hearted than it had been in the past. Yoongi declares Namjoon and Jin to be the worst dance couple of the group when the dance teacher steps out of the room.

"They are the only couple of the group," Hoseok helpfully points out as Namjoon hides his face in his hands and Jin's ears turn bright red.

"I'm aware, but what I'm saying is that even if there was another couple to form within this band, it could never be worse at dancing than the combined power of the two of them."

Jimin doubles over laughing as Jin rants about Yoongi not respecting his elder, and Namjoon tells all of them to shut the fuck up. Taehyung quietly watches and hides a grin behind the towel he uses to dab the sweat off his face.