Part 37

Jungkook knows Jungkook knows Jungkook knows Jungkook knows Jungkook knows

"Taehyung-ah? Can you hear me?"

"I told Hoseok that this is a stupid idea, but he insisted."

"He couldn't have known that this would happen."

"I don't think any of us could have known. Did you know that Jungkook...?"

"No. I never suspected it once."

"Tae, it's really time to stop freaking out now, as hard as that might seem."

Someone shakes his shoulder, and suddenly Taehyung feels as if he breaks through the surface of water after being under for too long. He gasps for air and when he meets Yoongi's eyes, reality slowly starts to fall back into place around him.

"Jungkook knows," is all he says, all he thinks, all he feels.

"We're aware of that," Yoongi replies in a dry voice. "And I'm sure that you won't like to hear this, but Jimin knows too."

Taehyung gapes at Yoongi for a few seconds before that information makes it through his muddled thoughts of Jungkook knows Jungkook knows Jungkook knows Jungkook knows-

All eyes in the room shift to Jimin, who looks uncomfortable under the stares. He rubs the back of his head and scoots lower on the chair, as if trying to slip under the table.

"Actually," Jimin says meekly, avoiding to look at anyone, eyes focused on the table top, "I've known for a while. Jungkook told me."

"Oh god," Taehyung groans and buries his face in his hands. He feels as if the room is spinning around him, too much overwhelming information to take in in too little time.

"I can't believe he'd go around and share Taehyung's secrets like that," Namjoon says and in his desperate state, Taehyung just barely registers how angry he sounds. He's never heard Namjoon this furious before.

"To be fair, he said that he didn't know who else to turn to. Said that he needed to talk about it, but couldn't go to any of you because you deliberately left him out. He's young, how do you think he's supposed to deal with knowledge like that? That other thing though... Uh... I didn't know about that. He never told me."

"This is not what we're talking about right now," Namjoon says icily.

"But we might as well since it's also in the open now," Yoongi interjects, and Taehyung's not looking, still too busy hiding his face in his hands because oh god Jungkook knows Jungkook knows Jungkook knows, but he knows that Yoongi must receive a deadly glare from Namjoon right now.

A soft knock on the door forces Taehyung to look up with dread in his stomach. It's Hoseok, poking his head in and looking confused.

"Is everything okay in here? I just saw Jungkook run past and crying almost hysterically. I wanted to go after him, but then I thought maybe it's better to ask what's going on first."

Hoseok's eyes trail over the five people present, one looking more devastated than the other, and the corners of his mouth drop into a frown. "What happened?"

Namjoon throws his hands in the air, and his voice booms through the room, oozing with sarcasm, as he says: "Congrats! You might have single-handedly destroyed Bangtan Sonyeondan right now."

Before anyone can say anything else, Namjoon gets up and hurries out of the room, unceremoniously pushing Hoseok aside, who's still standing in the entryway and obviously not able to follow what just happened.

Jin sighs.

"I'll go after him. Don't take his words to heart, Hobi. You know how his emotions can get the best of him rather quickly. He'll just need to cool down before he can think rationally again."