0.1

It was the end of the last year of school. I waited for this moment all my life and for almost 4 years I told myself that this summer is gonna be the best of my life. I'm gonna travel around the world by myself, see new places, meet new people until September. In September I'll go to one of the best universities in all America to study English.
Books have been a passion of mine for almost all my life. My mom used to say that I read too much for my age but she was so proud of me for that. When my father started drinking there were fights all the time in my house so my escape was some books. I read books of everything. I started imaginating what my life could be if I was the main character of that book and sometimes I felt so much better.

My first stop is going to be Australia, more precisely, Sydney. Two days from now I'm going to be far away from this misery, far away from everything that hurts me.

A roller-coaster of emotions was going through me right now. Fear of the unknown, anxiety because I never traveled alone, enthusiasm, everything and I could feel a little anxiety attack beginning inside of me.
I don't know anyone in Sydney but I could try make some friends until I arrive there.

A little research and I found out a girl, friend of a friend, that I already knew she would respond. Immediately we started talking and get to know each other. In the middle of the conversation she told me I could stay with her while I was in Sydney because she lives alone and could use some company.
My mom was sad that I'm gonna leave her but she was happy for me too, she knew that I wanted to do this for so long.

I took off my clothes and took a long bath while I was listening to my playlist. Some musics such as Cinnamon by Jome, Georgia by Vance Joy and Us by James Bay set the mood. Sometimes musics like this is what calms me down.
The last few years of my life were so complicated. My mom become depressed after my dad left us and my older brother died three years ago at the age of 20 in an car accident.
Cameron is my younger brother, he's only 17 and I couldn't be happier for him, he's the smartest person I know and he's already planning going to Harvard.

Suddently my phone vibrated, Cameron wanted me to pick him up and take him to a party. This was my last time picking him up because he was already taking driving classes.

The whole ride was silent, I knew something was up, Cameron never went to a party before.

- What's going on?

-Nothing... I was just thinking. - Cameron answered quickly.

-You never go to parties, tell me, what's going through your head? I know you Cameron, you can't hide me anything.

-It's just... I just wanted to be so smart like you!

-But you're are even smarter, what are you talking about?

-You've never drinked or smoked before.

-And? What does that even mean? - I sounded a little rude.

-That means that I already ruined my life! Can't you see? My grades are ruined... I ruined my life! I failed a bunch of classes.

-What are you talking about Cam?

-You know what? Nothing... Just nothing! Don't worry about me. Go live your perfect life and leave me here, all alone, taking care of mom. You're so good at that, at leaving everyone, like you leaved David and made him have the accident that killed him. Maybe that's what you've always wanted. All of us, dead! - tears are running down both of our faces.

Cameron leaves the car slamming the door behind him.

I didn't mean to make my brother have his accident. I didn't know if I left the car in that instant, a speeding car would've hit him. That moment still brings me nightmares.