When Seokjin reaches the front gate, he glances over his shoulder to look at Jaemin who's walking towards a building with Mr Kim. Jaemin looks over his shoulder as well and makes eye contact with Seokjin. They both smile and wave to each other before parting ways. Jaemin looks happy and that's all that matters to Seokjin.

-

[All dialogue in this scene spoken in Korean, unless specified otherwise]

It's almost closing time and Seokjin is washing the dishes while the other workers attend other duties. Some of them are making small preparations for the evening/night shift. Donghyun is chilling in the kitchen and bickering with Minsoo, as always.

"Sunbae is making this job a living hell for me. I should find a new one," Minsoo mutters.

"Those others jobs won't pay you as good as I do, you brat. They won't even have half the tolerance I have with you," Donghyun states matter-of-factly.

Seokjin chuckles lightly because it may or may not be true.

"The wage is the same but they won't bully me like you do!" Minsoo complains.

"Who's the one who always calls me a grandpa, huh?" Donghyun says, a challenging look on his face.

That surely makes Minsoo seal his lips and Seokjin cracks up.

"Yah, you laugh a lot," Donghyun says.

"Seokjin sunbae has a strange laugh," Minsoo says.

Seokjin scowls. "Minsoo-yah, why are you attacking me now?! I have never been mean to you like hyung!"

"I'm not attacking you, Seokjin sunbae. I'm commenting on your laugh. It sounds like this," Minsoo says, and imitates Seokjin's cute laugh that everyone loves to make fun of.

"[Eng] Stop it!" Seokjin whines, his ears red from embarrassment.

The kitchen's filled with laughter as the workers clean up. Minsoo leaves early because he has some errands to run and the other workers also leave one after the other. It's just Seokjin and Donghyun now.

"Jin-ah, I want to ask you something," Donghyun suddenly says.

"Hmm?"

"Have you thought about a second marriage?" Donghyun asks.

Seokjin shakes his head no.

"Why not?" Donghyun asks.

Seokjin shrugs. "I don't have the time for relationships, hyung. My kids are my priority."

"This isn't about romance," Donghyun says. "I think you should find a woman who's well off and marry her so you don't have to carry so much pressure on your shoulders. It's okay to ask for help."

"I don't like to use people. Also, I still manage to settle all the bills, don't I? So you don't need to worry about me, hyung. I'm doing fine. I don't need a partner," Seokjin says.

"You won't be using her if you make it clear that you're marrying her to support the boys. If she loves them as well, then it won't be a problem. Hopefully one day you two will fall in love."

Donghyun has made many failed attempts to convince Seokjin to get married again but nothing seems to be working. Seokjin's determined about being an independent father and providing for his kids on his own. Donghyun admires Seokjin's independence but sometimes, especially if you're struggling financially, you need someone you can lean on.

"Jin-ah, listen—"

"I'll see you later, hyung. Take care," Seokjin says, and leaves in a hurry to prevent this conversation from extending.