chapter 22

Big c POV

I stood outside my job , taking a smoke break, smashing the lit end when I was threw.

I got lucky enough to still have my job. Turns out shells got everything settled out. She made sure Nancy and eli got what they deserved. Although, I didn't feel happy.

Shells talked to me less and less. She wouldnt make eye contact or anything. I really fucked up.

I've been working and coming home and its been a ongoing cycle. Work, sleep, stress, and repeat.

I checked the time and saw I only had 2 hours left.

I made my way to my next table and said my greetings. When I lifted my head to explain the menu I saw shells. She was dressed nice. Too nice for a casual out to eat session. I turned and look at her guest and it was a female. Fem in particular. She had natural wavy hair ad looked a cross of Mexican and Indian. 

She also was dressed nice. My eyes instantly blurred.

"Baby what you want to eat. " the female said while looking at shells.

Shells broke her eye contact with me and answered the girl  " uhh I'll have a caeser salad babe"

Without saying a word I turned around and walked to the register. I asked for the rest of the day off from my boss and suprisinglu her agreed. I tool my smock off and gave the table to a other employ.

I had to get away I couldn't take this.

I turned the ignition on and put the car in reverse and a faint tap came from my window.

It was  shells.