Chapter Three

At first, Izuku was relieved but then his mom...

Looked him in the eyes and frowned.

"I-Izuku? I have some.. bad news," Inko looked down at the floor before continuing, "I was fired from my job yesterday, the employers didn't need me anymore and that means we're going to have to be careful with money. I need you to get a job while I'm looking for one, besides, you go to U.A so someone will surely accept you!"

Izuku stared at his mom in shock. They haven't called her yet? She doesn't know I was expelled...

"Mom? They didn't call you..?" Izuku asked.

"Call me for what?" Inko tilted her head.

"Well... Someone said I abused Uraraka and, well, they didn't believe me," Izuku whispered, unsure of himself.

Inko froze before looking at her son, "Oh."

Izuku stood confused, Oh? What does she mean by 'oh'?.

"But you're still going to U.A right?" Inko looked at Izuku hopefully, "You can still make money and become a hero?"

"N-no... I don't even know if any other hero schools will accept someone with a 'reputation' like mine, and the teachers probably contacted hero agencies to be careful about hiring me," Izuku sighed.

"Oh, well, um, there's food on the counter, Katsudon, your favourite. Eat some and I'll be back in a bit, just need to run out and get some stuff," Inko nodded as if reassuring herself and then walked out of the house.

I thought she would be angry, or at least sad... But that was, what should I say, unexpected?

Izuku trudged to the kitchen where a warm bowl of katsudon sat. It smelled good, like always, but the fact he was eating alone ruined any chance of true enjoyment. Usually, his mom would stay for dinner and they would talk about hero stuff, classic Midoriya.

The goddamned hero, All Might, wouldn't even believe me... He even took my power without hesitation... Wait... Crap, he doesn't have a successor anymore. He will need to find someone new, but who would he choose, he said it was a hard choice and I was the 'only one' he thought worthy of his powers.. Does he have someone in mind already?

Without realizing, tears began to fall in rivers down his cheeks but he could do nothing to stop them, after all, he was just a crybaby.

The katsudon had gotten cold so Izuku just put it in the fridge to have for breakfast tomorrow, then quickly walked up the stairs to his room, he had something he needed to do.

He looked at his door, an All Might name tag hung with the words 'Izuku the Hero' carved into it. A cheap item that any fanboy (or fangirl) could buy for 10 dollars. Izuku frowned and pulled the name tag off, carrying it into his bedroom.

His room was decorated with anything an All Might fan could want, action figures, posters, paintings, signatures, pictures and so much more. Even though Izuku hated to admit it, he even collected All might underwear, at least, in one point of his life he did. However, this (the piles of 'merch' he had) disgusted him. How had he never seen how stupid All Might was? He smiled as people died, for the perfect shot of a camera, claiming it was for reassuring citizens. How would you feel though, if the worlds number one hero smiled, after saving a few people for the news and cameras, and then left you to die while he took down the villain? The people should always be the number one priority!

Izuku began to tear off the posters and fanart, throwing them on his bed then quickly moving on to action figures, stuffing them in boxes in his rage... But then he picked up something that had been hidden on his shelf for a while. The book with the signature All Might gave him, before telling him he could never be a hero. To think that he forgave All Might just because he offered him some stupid quirk. 

Izuku grabbed something from his desk, a lighter, before grabbing the book.

As he approached the window, a single tear slipped down his cheek. 

Holding up the book and lighter, he lit the paper on fire. The flame looked so beautiful, twisting as it bit at the papers, the red of the flame twirling in circles as smoke rose. He put the lighter down and turned to the window. 

"You failed me, All Might," and with that Izuku flung the burning book into the road, cars running over it and pages flying in multiple directions.

~Nighttime, 3rd person~

Izuku had cried to himself for about an hour before his mom finally came back, in total she had been gone for 2 and a half hours. He heard her step inside slowly and the couch creak under her weight as she sat down. Then he heard something heartbreaking, a sob. He wanted to rush down and hug her, but he knew that not only would she probably not want to see him right now, but he was the reason for her sadness. He couldn't bring himself to face her.

He covered himself in his blankets before staring into the blank walls, now empty of all the All Might merch he once had. 

Luckily, instead of being stupid and throwing away everything, he decided he could sell it because he knew he had some things of worth.

Sighing in frustration, Izuku rolled over, his eyes slowly closing, his mind slipping from consciousness as his soul floated away into another land.

Hi! I'm so sorry, I greatly apologize for disappearing :C I was suffering from a wave of, how do I say this.. gender dysphoria? and decided to take a well-needed break for relaxing. Writing this story really stressed me out because I felt like people probably hated it, so thanks to anyone who still supports me after that break I took. 

Gender dysphoria has really been affecting me and I don't want to do something I'll regret, I hope you understand uwu

I made this story longer than the last as an apology <3