2.5 - Keith Lennon

ARC 2: KEITH LENNON
Chapter Five

• • • • •

Truthfully, Bryce' response had him freezing in his place. It made him actually want to just give up on this particular world. The sheer effort he imagined he had to do to salvage such a complicated situation already made him exhausted.

Perhaps leaving would be worth it?

What is actually the punishment for a failed task? Should he really fear it? Why exactly is he fearing something he does not even know? Why should he put in his whole for the task given to him? What was the point?

Honestly, he had only done the first task in the first world for his parents. For his familial ties. Because though he is like this, lazy and somewhat detached, he does love them.

Now, he does not have a reason. Why should he care what happens next? He is already dead anyway. The point of being dead should be having no work to do. Or peace maybe? He gave a tiny, almost unnoticeable sigh. He wanted to have nothing to do in any of this. Let them separate. Let things deteriorate. He does not care anymore.

Not only are Bryce and Oliver's relationship over especially with the current conversation they are having, he also dislikes the body he is now in. Yes, he has some of his original traits, but Keith feels, too much even that he was sometimes swayed. It's tiring to feel this strongly and he wanted out of this flesh.

He wanted to feel like himself again, not having to constantly make effort to subdue some of the instinctive reactions of the body he is using that is actually not in line with his intentions. No straining of his mind just to think for solutions that he actually think is stupid.

But just as he resolved leaving, thinking this particular couple beyond saving, something unexpected happened.

In a direction completely unlike what he thought would happen in accordance with what this body knows.

Oliver's disbelief faded slowly as each seconds passed and for some extremely weird reason, he stood up straight and confidently faced Bryce with determination Keith knows rarely appears in the other.

If he was confused, what more was Bryce? He was blinking in bemusement while he stared at the other. Oliver's entire focus was solely on Bryce that it left the other feel nervous.

"That's good," Oliver stated after a few minutes of silence. "Because I don't see you the same way too."

... Huh?

Keith could feel his head starting to ache from trying to analyze what it is he is seeing. He thought Bryce world be the only person he had to worry about. Now it turns out that he had to look out for Oliver's stupidity too.

Why are humans so complicated?

Scratch that. Why does he have to try to understand such complicated people? He is starting to see them as alien creatures - complex beings in need of a researcher of their own so normal people like him could figure them out more.

Aaah... I wanna sleep... Though he badly want to close his eyes at that moment, he could not as that terrible disease he had - named as curiosity - actually acted up again. He wanted to know about Oliver's current abnormality.

Bryce became speechless. Face turning stony, he indifferently gazed at the person that he was friends with before and adjusted his glasses. "That makes things quite easy then," he stated in a firm tone.