1.3 - Allen Reid

ARC 1: ALLEN REID
Chapter Three

• • • • •

There was practically a cloud of doom surrounding Carl on the third day. Wednesday was usually a peppy day - not that Allen ever was - but with Carl's aura, it's like winter came and stayed.

"Boss, I'm begging you. I don't want to deliver any flowers to him." Carl looked close to tears. Allen stared at his employee with blank eyes.

"You are my employee," he stated plainly while continuing to tend to his flowers. Carl's doom aura did not really affect the business much as he turns back into that happy guy whenever customer's come. Though it's highly noticeable that something is bothering him.

Allen understand a little why Carl is reluctant to deliver flowers. His employee doesn't like being pulled without his consent and Evan just did that without bothering to understand him.

... At least that's what he understood. Was he wrong or not?

I want them to get together already so I could leave, he thought to himself.

"Boss, aren't I your favorite employee?"

"My only employee," he corrected.

Carl continued to pester him even though he knew what his answer would be. Whenever possible, he would sulk while doing his work. An adult, sulking. It strangely suit him especially as he is surrounded by flowers.

When it came to deliver, Carl practically latched himself into him, begging him not to send him away. Allen sighed seeing that sad face.

"What's wrong?"

"That Vermillion is a pervert!" Carl immediately said. Allen's eyebrow raised quite a bit.

He had seen their interaction and there is nothing perverted about it. Maybe the kiss? But that's not really perverted as it's just a peck. That move could only be called taking liberties to someone unwilling.

"Pervert?" He really wants to know how that person could be a pervert. Is he missing something?

Carl reddened at his question. He looked like he want to tell something but decided in the end, not to. Since there's no further objections, Allen gave the bouquet of roses to his employee.

"I really don't want to see him though," the other mumbled.

"Pass it to someone," he reflexively said, and immediately quieted down. He suddenly felt like he had done something wrong. Did he just told Carl not to see the other? Would not seeing his destined partner affect their relationship? Would their pair take a long time to happen because of this?

Am I just being paranoid? He asked himself.

He wanted to take back his words but it was too late. Upon hearing him, Carl instantly had a bright smile on his lips and enthusiastically ran towards the truck while holding the flowers carefully.

Allen felt a little worried so he closed the store ahead of it's closing time and looked on what would happen.

Things were as they are. Upon arriving at the company, Carl just informed the receptionist of his delivery and went towards the office of Evan. This was where he deviated. He did not go to the other's office. Instead he had the secretary sign the acceptance delivery and made her give the flowers. The secretary did not mind and just accepted it. Carl then went on his way out.

Looking at the surveillance for Evan, he saw him looking at the time and frowning. When he heard a knock, he sat properly on his chair and called out in his usual cold tone. What greeted his though is his secretary holding the bouquet of flowers.