1.2 - Allen Reid

ARC 1: ALLEN REID
Chapter Two

• • • • •

Tuesday came peacefully for the shop, but not for his currently depressed employee. Carl seemed to be dreading the delivery today. Upon the appointed time, he had given him the puppy eye, which he unhesitatingly ignored.

Carl left morosely.

'Subject: Carlos Delante.' At once, a seemingly 3-Dimensional screen appeared in front of him. He knew that only he could see the thing so he wasn't bothered too much about it appearing. There wasn't any customers at the moment too so he just watched his employee driving the shop's truck with a cloud of doom around him.

"I'm doomed. I'm doomed, I'm doomed, I'm doomed," Carl muttered depressingly while still carefully driving. This employee of mine knows how to multi-task, he thought to himself. What a troublesome skill to have.

Anyway, why does he think he's doomed?

Allen looked at the length of the red string in Carl's hand and saw it getting increasingly shorter and the direction of it following where his employee was going.

So I'm correct. Evan Vermillion is Carl's partner.

"Umm, excuse me," he heard a flustered voice. He blinked and looked in front of him just to see a high school student looking lost at all the flowers around the shop. Although his current identity's eyesight doesn't have any problems at all - unlike his real body - he could not clearly see the girls's face as that 3D screen constantly follows wherever he looks. It obstructs his line of sight.

How do I get this troublesome screen out of the way while still able to monitor my target? he asked the system. Sadly, his system did not answer at all. It was silent. All he could hear was the soft, depressed mumbles of Carl and the "umm" of his current customer.

I forgot the system won't help me aside from the surveillance. How useless. Thinking hard is such a chore for him, that's why he doesn't like doing it much but in this instant, he had to. No help will be coming after all. He inwardly groaned.

He raised his palm towards his new customer to indicate for her to wait for a bit as he thinks. Thankfully, it only took him 5 seconds to remember what his system has told him in that decade-long tutorial.

[Focus your attention to the screen and make it move to a place you want it to.]

[Size of the screen can be customized by thinking.]

... He really needs to internalize that decade-long tutoring. His system did repeatedly tell him everything he needed to know for ten whole years just to get his lazy mind to remember.

At once, he followed the instruction and managed to make the screen miniature and moving it o the upper left side of his point of view.

"Yes?" he asked the customer.

'Subject: Evan Vermillion.' Another screen came onto his point of view. Thankfully, it's the same size as the miniature one and he easily moved it next to the Carl's dedicated screen. It depicts an office with a man looking at a computer, a red string tied on his ring finger. The corner of his lips moved upwards for a bit seeing the confirmation.

No need to look anymore.

"U-uhh... what's the appropriate flower for... uhh..." she seemed to be struggling to say what she wanted to say. It made him confused. What's so hard about saying it?"

"Like?" he helped her out. She blushed crimson red. He used that moment to look at the two miniature screen. Carl seemed to be taking his time arriving at the place of delivery. He wanted to sigh. So slow.