4

Changed Atlanta parents names
Patrick = Rich
Amber = Annie

Atlanta

I sat at the breakfast table with a terrible hangover. Demi made waffles and fruit but I wasn't having any. I remember what happened with Demi last night and I don't regret it at all.

"Good morning." Demi softly smiled entering the room. "Morning." I sighed, Demi set Maia down and she sat next to me. "so, I signed you up for public school. You start in three days."

I nodded my head "what grade am I in?" I asked. Demi looked at me confused, "you're sophomore, in highschool."

She looked concerned, like something was wrong. I broke eye contact and shrugged my shoulders "Demi, I didn't have an education. Annie enrolled me in online to just show the state, but she never made me do it. I think I finally dropped out in 8th grade."

She breathed in hard and wiped her hand across her chin, like a guy would do when they're trying to impress a girl, but with a look of concern. "Why?"

"I don't know, I mean I was using drugs at 12, school wasn't really on my radar."

"Mama? Can Lanta baby sit me today while you're at the studio?" Maia asked. I widened my eyes, "baby I don't think she wants to-"

I quickly cut her off "no demi I would love to. I want to get to know my Niece, it's that okay of course."

Demi smiled, "sure, I'll leave y'all some money if you want to go do something."

I shook my head "no it's okay demi, it's on me."

She tilted her head to the side, "Maia can you go to the arcade for a little bit?"

She nodded, "not to sound rude but how do you have money?" She asked. "It's okay, since we barley know eachother. but back at home I was a pretty local singer. I had a label but they stopped talking to me when the state took me away."

Demi looked shocked, "you're a singer? No way! Can I hear you sing?" She smiled widely.

I nodded and began to sing a song I call 'Ocean Eyes'

When I finished demi was in complete awe.

"Was I good?"

"Was I good?"

Demi burst out in laughter and I immediately stopped smiling. "No! No! I didn't mean it rudely, I'm just shocked! Your fucking amazing! Like I'm actually- what do they say.. oh yeah! I'm shook!"